PDA

View Full Version : Where's / who's the cheapest supplier of Goodridge or similar brake lines?

Ian S
06-10-2008, 17:27
Where's / who's the cheapest supplier of Goodridge or similar brake lines?

raj
06-10-2008, 17:35
try hose solutions for the hel kits

Ricardo
06-10-2008, 18:37
I was also gonna mention Ben from Hose Solutions, he could pretty much replicate anything in braided if he had the OE items to hand.

I've just ordered a set of 4 braided brake hoses for the Clio 172 from Carnoisseur for £55 inc Vat

K Tec wanted £64 inc Vat then whatever the postage is on top

Ian S
06-10-2008, 20:02
Well for the 5GTT they're about £30 + vat and del from rally design for zinc plated fittings.

I want them for my Fiat. Hose Soln's don't list Fiat. Rally Des wanted about £50 +.

Carnoisseur; Just seen on their site there's one in Ilford. Will call them tomorrow. No online shop.

Amber Performance: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/amberper/
£42inc + £6 del, zinc plated
T=£48
£54inc + £6 del, stainless ends
T=£60

Trevhib
07-10-2008, 12:17
Make sure you get the right one's and not the ones where you have to mod the rear pipe brackets to get them to fit. I don't know which ones are which. We've had this on a few threads in the past.

Years ago, Prima wouldn't give me my money back when I'd returned a set after my mechanic (who I'd given the hoses to to fit) said he wasn't happy to mod the brackets to force the damn things to fit.

Prima said they were defitinitely the correct type and that they'd prove it to me if I paid them to fit them. Well if I've had agreed, my car wouldn't have been the first to get molested whilst in their workshop.

In the end they gave me my money back minus some 20% admin charge. The ****s. :mad:

raj
07-10-2008, 12:51
id assume primas where more than likely the goodridge type?dont quote me on that but im just going by what was popular/readily available some years back.

as mentioned, if you want hoses making up send them to ben at hose solutions and he'll knock thm up for you. the hel brand is far better than goodridge too. ben at hose solutions actually makes the hoses/lines for HEL. im sure he gives 10% off to rtoc member on there OWN products.

samb5
07-10-2008, 20:43
i got a set of all 4 goodridge lines bnib from bb tunnin an they only charged me 20 cash when i went down there :)

Ian S
07-10-2008, 20:44
At £50 for zinc ends and £60 for stainless, Carnoiseur were unable to match the eBay price from Amber Performance (£42 and £54) but Amber wanted £6 del which made it close.

Hose Sol.n's however, were able to do a lot better at £45 delivered for stainless ends. That their normal approx £54 - 20% RTOC discount.

Only prob is that for Fiat hoses I have to post the originals to copy.