PDA

View Full Version : Who's running without a heater matrix?

TrixNFlix
20-02-2010, 07:43
After 2 solid weeks of using the car at 5.30am just wondering who else is using their car everyday without a heater matrix. Today i had to stop twice on the way to work due to ice gathering on the inside and outside of the windscreen! :laugh:

stu21t
20-02-2010, 09:43
I don't, but mines not exactly an everyday car.
There's no way I'd take it out if I used it to go to work and back,
your nuts. Lol

Schakal
20-02-2010, 09:51
After 2 solid weeks of using the car at 5.30am just wondering who else is using their car everyday without a heater matrix. Today i had to stop twice on the way to work due to ice gathering on the inside and outside of the windscreen! :laugh:

why are you running without mate ?

TrixNFlix
20-02-2010, 09:57
The matrix is holy, so has been bypassed.Can't face replacing it while it is running fine. Had the girlfriend in it for the first time last week, we managed a 30 mile journey, wrapped her up in a blanket, scarf and gloves! :laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-02-2010, 10:05
The matrix is holy, so has been bypassed.Can't face replacing it while it is running fine. Had the girlfriend in it for the first time last week, we managed a 30 mile journey, wrapped her up in a blanket, scarf and gloves! :laugh:

:laugh:, the joys andy of the 5.......:laugh:, its either the grumble of the matrix or the grumble of the misses.....:laugh:, sort it out in the summer before next winter me thinks....:)

Schakal
20-02-2010, 10:12
i remember when mine went in winter 2 years ago . windscreen
was frozen solid i had to drive with my head sticking out the
window to see where i was going :eek: not funny !!!!

to be fair though ,changing the matrix is not that bad on a RHD car .
think of all the continental boiz having to take the pedal box out
for the job :scared:

:laugh:

HULK
20-02-2010, 10:46
Gunna be a weeks job to replace mine. Roll cage will have to come out to get the dash out. :cry:

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-02-2010, 11:15
Gunna be a weeks job to replace mine. Roll cage will have to come out to get the dash out. :cry:

:scratch:...yours works.....:scratch:

TrixNFlix
20-02-2010, 11:36
:laugh:, the joys andy of the 5.......:laugh:, its either the grumble of the matrix or the grumble of the misses.....:laugh:, sort it out in the summer before next winter me thinks....:)

It's funny she was actually ok in the car, I think she could see how chuffed I was at driving the thing. I might try and get her to come on a track day with me! :D

HULK
20-02-2010, 17:20
:scratch:...yours works.....:scratch:

And leaks lots:sad2:

joegtir
20-02-2010, 19:53
mine dont have heaters in i put rain-x on the inside to stop it misting/freezing up

TrixNFlix
20-02-2010, 19:56
mine dont have heaters in i put rain-x on the inside to stop it misting/freezing up
Does rain-x work well then Joe?

joegtir
20-02-2010, 20:05
yes mate iv done 2 winters now without them , put it on there about every two weeks or so, i used to use a thing i got from show at the nec it was ment for glasses its like a little stick of pink lipstick was really good to stop it , the guy at the show puts it on a pair of glasses then holds it over a boiling kettle and they dont steam up , sadly iv lost it and i cant remember the name

NayJ
20-02-2010, 20:37
run mine for a year with no heater, its not the cold that gets to you its not been able to see outa the windows!!
get the heater plumbed in you wont regret it;)

TrixNFlix
20-02-2010, 21:02
yes mate iv done 2 winters now without them , put it on there about every two weeks or so, i used to use a thing i got from show at the nec it was ment for glasses its like a little stick of pink lipstick was really good to stop it , the guy at the show puts it on a pair of glasses then holds it over a boiling kettle and they dont steam up , sadly iv lost it and i cant remember the name

Good stuff, I'll buy some tomorrow. :agree: