PDA

View Full Version : Carb

sphinX
17-02-2010, 20:51
Right recently when I am accelerating through 3rd it is fine all the way to 7k, then I change to 4th and the car seems to either be running out of fuel (float emptying) or running lean. The car is still hitting full boost but not pulling properly. It does this for a bit and then starts to pull again but runs out of puff at 6k.

Is this the carb emptying? What should I do to try and get rid of this annoying thing

Thanks all. I think I know the answer but any advice is welcome.

p.s Minty you can help me sort it hah

Adey aka Ewok
17-02-2010, 20:56
what boost u running bud, much above 18-20psi manifold and you start having to rethink the fuel setup to cure float chamber empty. adjustable fpr with a higher base pressure level is a small option, along with a bigger needle jet and taking the fpr pressure feed from just after the turbo. get a lambda on there tho and ull be able to access whats going on a little better

sphinX
17-02-2010, 20:58
Its running 22psi at the mo. I know the previous owner had set up the carb for this boost but since then I have added the cam and I don't think there is enough fuel in there for it.

5teve L
19-02-2010, 17:08
No good guessing, you need to stick a wideband on it....

rs250nut
19-02-2010, 20:35
Its running 22psi at the mo. I know the previous owner had set up the carb for this boost but since then I have added the cam and I don't think there is enough fuel in there for it.

You have pretty much answered your own question with that reply bud, get it sorted before it goes bang and ends in tears

sphinX
20-02-2010, 14:47
hmm been driving it like this for about 7 months though :laugh: ah well might as well sort it if i want to give full beans through every gear

minty83
20-02-2010, 15:42
like steve said mate you need to source a wideband to look at eh fueling.. you cant really guess these things:coffee:

sphinX
20-02-2010, 15:51
anyone local have one i can borrow? got everything apart from the wideband