PDA

View Full Version : cat d write off's

car.crash
16-02-2010, 18:05
how much percentage of damage does a car need to sustain to be a cat d write off. is it 50% worth of damage against the value of the vehicle?

robbie506
16-02-2010, 18:09
Category D - most likely to be nonstructural damage and should be relatively easily repairable. In this case the vehicle may have been economical to repair but for other reasons it was written off. For example where the insurer have to provide a courtesy car the time taken to repair the vehicle would mean that the courtesy car cost together with the repair cost would be excessive. In a category D scenario it is more likely that the insurer did not wish to repair.

thats off an offical website. does not go off amount off damage one of my mates down south makes a good living off buying and selling cat c and d's

car.crash
16-02-2010, 18:11
so the longer we keep the courtesy car the higher the chance of it being written off.

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-02-2010, 20:04
CAT D are brillant often written off for scrath's on old car's.

My miss's had a bumped in the snow, hit a mondeo and he insisted on going through the insurance company... for a minor scratch...

Charlotte had her car looked at needs a new plastic arch trim (£10 new) and indicator (£6new) but because the insurance company said the whole side will need a blow over on her car they gave her £700 minus her excess £150... so £550 up and a few £ spend & she will have her car back on the road with a few scratch's & next years insurance will go up by £40.

Ricardo
16-02-2010, 20:06
Ironic we're talking about Cat D CAR damage and it's CAR Crash asking the questions :D

Ok, i'll get me coat :ashamed:

car.crash
16-02-2010, 20:15
it was mrs car.crash this time. 6 months ago a guy scuffs her front bumper, its taken 6 months for the work to be authorzed as he would not admit to being in a crash. its finally booked in for the 25th of this month. releif get it fixed and we can sell it as we had it up for sale prior to the very small accident.
then this morning it gets rear ended. boot, bumper, light and rear quater damage aswell as rain getting in. i told her to get courtesy car as it 100% non fault and we want the car written off so trying to get the bill as high as possible for it to be cat d.i rekon the car is worth 2k as its low mileage mint quicksilver.
the funny thing is that the garage said they couldnt fit her in untill the 25th for the first work but now they are picking it up tommorow to paint the front from one insurance claim and going to estimate the rear from todays claim, we either get a mint car from it or payed out and get a clio 172.

car.crash
18-02-2010, 16:37
it was written off, just needs a new rear light and its back on the road with some small battle scars. lets see what they offer us for it.