PDA

View Full Version : M9 Bolts - where from ?

Scoff
05-10-2008, 23:20
Hi Guys

I need some M9x1.0 12.9 grade bolts that have atleast 35mm of thread, with a hex head. Flywheel bolts basically, but 10mm longer (atleast 10mm longer, I could cut longer ones down).

I've spent 2 hrs searching the web, I found only a coulpe of big places that listed M9, I guess both will want to sell me a bag of 100 atleast - I want 10 - and they were cap bolts which isn't ideal but might do.

Anyone have any links or phone numbers for good fixings places that might stock these ?

Chris

Mart
05-10-2008, 23:27
Might be easier in the long run to drill & tap the hole(s) for an M10 bolt?

If not, I'd be looking towards France for M9 bolts...

Rob@Backyardracing
05-10-2008, 23:31
i guess in the 12.9 you mite only find caps.... i use Brading and Rudds in Bolton for all needed bolts on the porkys... Tx you number tomoz.... Sure ive had M9 before for mani bolts or summets of them in std thread....

warpspeed
05-10-2008, 23:31
Hi Guys

I need some M9x1.0 12.9 grade bolts that have atleast 35mm of thread, with a hex head. Flywheel bolts basically, but 10mm longer (atleast 10mm longer, I could cut longer ones down).

I've spent 2 hrs searching the web, I found only a coulpe of big places that listed M9, I guess both will want to sell me a bag of 100 atleast - I want 10 - and they were cap bolts which isn't ideal but might do.

Anyone have any links or phone numbers for good fixings places that might stock these ?

Chris
Try a company called NAMRICK, they have a website and have been really helpfull to me, good prices too :)

Scoff
05-10-2008, 23:49
Mart, yeah, andy suggested the same but I want to stick to standard parts as much as possible. I'd also have to fetch the crank out to get it in my drill press, and I can't be arsed, engine's fine for once ;)

Rob, please do mate, I can ring them from work then.

Warp, that's one of the best looking sites so far. They're not listing M9 but I could ring them, thanks :)

clee
06-10-2008, 08:45
I think you'll struggle to get them ,esp 1mil pitch and high tensile :sad2:
Namrick carry some odd sizes but tend to be weak .Had a look on here no joy .
http://www.wurth.co.uk/cat.php

Sy5GTT
06-10-2008, 08:54
I'll have a look at work tonight Chris. I know we have a large selection so you might be lucky. :)

clee
06-10-2008, 09:28
PRV Conrod bolts are the same thread but about 60mm long ......

Scoff
06-10-2008, 10:45
Sy, cheers, that would be great.

lee, whats PRV ? I kept finding matches for ARP rod bolts, M9 this M9 that.. Not sure if it was some mfg code or weather they really were M9 bolts. But, thats an expensive route.

I tried Namrick already, going to try a couple more places today. Failing that I'm going to have a go at making some. Failing that I'm going to have some made for me :D

Duncan Grier
06-10-2008, 10:56
Chris there is a place in Coventry that makes bolts etc and do make custom bolts if required.

They have always been VERY cheap for bits I needed (recent vx bolt replacements lol) none of theis you much buy 100 line lol. few pound cash over the counter ;)

If I get time this morning I will give him a call for you ;)

Trident Racing (Silverstone) 01327857822 are quite good for stuff like that also but not sure if they will have what you need?

clee
06-10-2008, 11:08
Peugeot Renault Volvo .The v6 basically .

stuTHC
06-10-2008, 13:03
Sy, cheers, that would be great.

Failing that I'm going to have some made for me :D

;)

Just give us a shout Mr Scoff, my offer(s) still stand mate ;) :)

Andrew Cooke
06-10-2008, 13:15
you'd be better off drilling and tapping the crank by eye than making a bolt, I can't see how you'll roll threads in your shed. It no bad thing upping the shank thickness now that you've increased the length. Is there physically enough meat to put a bigger thread into the crank? I felt the C1J was a bit small to drill out.