PDA

View Full Version : My rebuild/resto

Alex
05-10-2008, 19:53
I thought I'd add my little (aherm) ongoing project/resto of my GTT. I did post up a load of info and pictures on the old site but obviously that's now gone...

The car's currently in the bodyshop having all the necessary welding done (of which there's alot of!) I'm hoping to have the car back with the next month or so, so I can crack on further. Here's just a few pictures that I've taken along the way:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=189

ranj
06-10-2008, 22:03
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Engine all ready to pop back in alex ????

Whose doing the bodywork and welding for you ???

Alex
07-10-2008, 09:26
Hi Ranj, yes the engines all ready to go in, I've actually had it ready for some time now. The welding is being done by a guy in Hooton and a friend and I are doing the prep work and the painting (which keeps the cost down!)

I see you've got your car back, I keep cycling/driving past and noseing! :cool:

paul b
07-10-2008, 09:35
hey, thats going to be a pretty sweet when its glued back together.....

great work done already, keep us posted...

Alex
11-10-2008, 20:21
A few pictures of just some of the rusty areas:

ranj
12-10-2008, 23:54

Yeah alex , its nearly ready , about 99% done , hey next time u going past just give us a knock on the door , im in most monday and wednesday nights , just ask for me ranj , be good to meet you. Suprised u aint seen me when u been cycling past , spent most of my spare time getting it ready , hopefully wednesday/thursday it will be MOT day :)

Alex
13-10-2008, 07:46

Yeah alex , its nearly ready , about 99% done , hey next time u going past just give us a knock on the door , im in most monday and wednesday nights , just ask for me ranj , be good to meet you. Suprised u aint seen me when u been cycling past , spent most of my spare time getting it ready , hopefully wednesday/thursday it will be MOT day :)

Cool mate, I'll give you a knock. I'm bound to be going past at some point in the week. :agree:

ranj
15-10-2008, 00:15

No probs mate , just passed it MOT yesterday so hopefully be on the road by wendnesday and putting some running in miles on :)

Ill post some pics soon :)

Alex
15-10-2008, 07:41
Excellent news mate - get out there and enjoy it! :agree:

Alex
16-12-2008, 17:42
Right, time for a bit of a progress report and some pictures.

As you can see I've now got the car back from the body shop after various patches, sills and plates etc had ben welded to it. I've undersealed the inner wings and have put the outer wings back on. The engine if now fitted after we painted the bay and refitted the headlights.

I'm just in the process of plumbing the engine back in then I'llstart on the interior and bodywork. It's getting there! :)

Alex
08-03-2009, 17:46
Thought I'd add a few more pictures.

As you can see the gine is now in and up and running nicely bar a little flat spot when you stab the throttle (any ideas?)

The body work has been gone over with some black primer ready for some fresh paint at some point.

The interior will be fitted once the roll cage arrives and has been fitted.

Noa33
08-03-2009, 18:01

thats some real nice work going on, looking nice and tidy, great to see another 5 saved from the scrappy with the efforts to get rid of rust :agree:

Nayls
08-03-2009, 18:04
Re: the flat spot

acc pump jet probably need freeing up,

gtmatt
08-03-2009, 18:08
looks good alex ,great work , my car just went in to the bodyshop ,keep us updated mate:)

Alex
08-03-2009, 20:29
Cheers guys. It's a long (and expensive!) process but It's worth it! :)

Nayls - do you mean the pump rod/pivot or the jet itself? The rod seems fairly free, but always worth checking again :agree:

Rob@Backyardracing
08-03-2009, 21:37
:agree: looks nice Alex, engine bays so clean :eek:...... going to be ready for summer? or the next RR day? :) im sure i asked this last year ;)

Alex
09-03-2009, 07:44
That's the general plan Rob...but I did say that last year! :laugh:

Once the cage arrives and I've had it painted and fitted etc, It shoudn't be too long before it'll be ready for the MOT. :)

Alex
07-06-2009, 19:27
Right, time for a quick update!

The car is basically finished bar a re-spray but that's going to have to wait...

The MOT is tomorrow at 9:30 so it's fingers crossed time!

Once I get a chance I'll upload some pictures to the website (for some reason I've been having trouble doing this?)

:burnrubber:

Alex
08-06-2009, 15:37
Excellent news..... It passed! Not only that but it didn't even have an advisory! :cool:

So thats the first MOT it's passed since 2006, when it was last on the road - It's certainly come a long way since then. There's still loads to do really but essentially it's safe and legal.

For all the pictures see my profile.

Well chuffed! :cooter:

Tiny Tim
08-06-2009, 15:41
"Hit them with a little ghetto gospel..."

Well done mate :agree:

BriC
08-06-2009, 16:01
Cool! You bringing it on the 13th then? :D

Alex
08-06-2009, 16:02
I might just do that!

It drives really well so I'll use it for work etc from now until then, and if all is cool I'll bring her along. :)