PDA

View Full Version : door catch pin sleeves

markey b
10-02-2010, 01:20
the plastic sleeves on the inside of the doorshut, the bits most people wind tape around

does anyone know a better alternative, my raiders dropped doors have eaten a brand new set in a couple of weeks, is there a metal sleeve or something that could be used? renault dont sell the plastic sleeves seperate only with the catch

Schakal
10-02-2010, 10:25
the plastic sleeves on the inside of the doorshut, the bits most people wind tape around

does anyone know a better alternative, my raiders dropped doors have eaten a brand new set in a couple of weeks, is there a metal sleeve or something that could be used? renault dont sell the plastic sleeves seperate only with the catch

can you get a picture of it on the car ?
i might be able to source something

phase i 16 v turbo
10-02-2010, 12:50
I have some good secondhand ones, and some new one, but weren't cheap when you could get them from Renault.

J$£5GTT
10-02-2010, 17:33
can you get a picture of it on the car ?
i might be able to source something

it only appears to be some kind of hard rubber tubing/pipe,i have tried reasonably to find some,be lot cheaper to just replace that now an then.

markey b
11-02-2010, 00:15
I have some good secondhand ones, and some new one, but weren't cheap when you could get them from Renault.

yeah i bought a pair of them from renault last month, £16 with the vat a pair if i remember correctly, they only did the whole thing, i just need the tubing over the top as my dropped doors have mullered it

Brigsy
11-02-2010, 12:06
Fix the doorpins that will sort it, the plastic is ok when the doors shut properly.

If you fit a harder material the metal above the latch on the door wears & the door eventually hits the side skirt:crap: I had this problem on my white gtt.

markey b
11-02-2010, 20:11
Fix the doorpins that will sort it, the plastic is ok when the doors shut properly.

If you fit a harder material the metal above the latch on the door wears & the door eventually hits the side skirt:crap: I had this problem on my white gtt.

yeah i jacked the doors so its now ok, but the torn up sleeves still make it hard to close sometimes, wanted to replace the sleeves to complete the repair if that makes sense

Brigsy
12-02-2010, 00:02
Fair do's:agree: Pikey anything onto it, i fitted a bit of random plastic tube i had lying about:)