PDA

View Full Version : paint shop

5turbo
09-02-2010, 18:10
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Any one no of a good body shop around the bristol area, or surroundings that will take on my 5 for a back to metal respray i cant find a shop that wants to take it on... I dont get it ive done most of the hard work its completley stripped just a rolling shell

jesus in the seat of a 5
09-02-2010, 18:14

Any one no of a good body shop around the bristol area, or surroundings that will take on my 5 for a back to metal respray i cant find a shop that wants to take it on... I dont get it ive done most of the hard work its completley stripped just a rolling shell

mike try this guy, top work @ good prices , tell him , matt with the blue phase 1 sent you, derek , tel no , 07770751328, nr weston, cheers , matty...:)

rs250nut
09-02-2010, 18:36

By bare metal job do you mean all paint off inside and out and underneath? Or just exterior?

JRP
09-02-2010, 18:38
By bare metal job do you mean all paint off inside and out and underneath? Or just exterior?

we need a link to that place that dips the car, coats, then paints.... BILL COME ON:p

The new Bill J
09-02-2010, 18:48
Retired :cry:

rs250nut
09-02-2010, 20:49
Dipped, painted and finished I reckon your looking at £6000+ without any welding that needs doing. These lot will dip the body shell and panel set plus primer for around £1500 the last time I enquired:)

http://www.surfaceprocessing.co.uk/CTM-paint-stripping-acid-dipping-bare-shell-car-restoration.html

BriC
10-02-2010, 12:17
I dont get it ive done most of the hard work its completley stripped just a rolling shell

Sorry mate, but you're sadly mistaken. Most of the hard work in a respray is prep

5turbo
10-02-2010, 18:14
i wasnt going to dip the shell as it seems good and solid underneath was just going to re undersill. so it would be engine bay and exterior and door shuts etc i'll give that guy a bell in western thanx lads

rs250nut
10-02-2010, 18:28
Sorry mate, but you're sadly mistaken. Most of the hard work in a respray is prep

Too true its a lot of work to fully re-paint a car inside and out. One of the reasons I stopped painting cars, people are willing to spend loads of money on a engine re-build but wont shell out the toot for a proper paint job. " I will do it for £4000 " "well my mate said he will do it for a £1000" :(