PDA

View Full Version : Confused

sphinX
07-09-2008, 20:22
Right after some spirited driving yesterday i have noticed that my boost gauge is weird.

Before, at idle, it would sit at -5 and go up to 21 on boost. Now it sits between -5 and 0 and boosts up to about 18...I have no idea whats happened...any one shed some light please? Car doesn't feel any slower either

Scoff
07-09-2008, 20:24
Could be a leak in your vacuum (boostgauge) pipe - I'm guessing the same pipe goes to your ignition module and dump valve, if fitted.

Check for leaks in all of it and if you have a dump valve check that the diaphram isn't split.

Mart
07-09-2008, 20:28
Sounds like a leak post-throttle side. Check the 2 gaskets & plastic spacer that the carb sits on, and that the lower half of the carb is fully tightened to the body.

Also check aei vacuum line, vacuum capsule, dump valve (if one fitted), boost gauge (if one fitted).

If that's all ok, check anti-perc fan sensor is screwed in tight on the throat of the inlet manifold, and that the 2 nrv's at the back of the manifold are tightened up. Could also be the start of the manifold gasket on its way out.

sphinX
07-09-2008, 20:35
thanks, will check tomorrow morning

THE MASTER
08-09-2008, 00:35
i like simple cheacks

are all your manifold nuts inplace and tight:coffee:

sphinX
09-09-2008, 21:05
Still no joy, spent a while 2day looking around trying to find a problem but no idea what I'm looking for really. I checked the boost hoses and dump valve and the boost gauge (i think). I will have to look again 2moro and dig deeper. :coffee:

minty83
09-09-2008, 21:59
Right after some spirited driving yesterday i have noticed that my boost gauge is weird.

Before, at idle, it would sit at -5 and go up to 21 on boost. Now it sits between -5 and 0 and boosts up to about 18...I have no idea whats happened...any one shed some light please? Car doesn't feel any slower either

Thats what happens when you try messing with the vag:laugh:

sphinX
09-09-2008, 22:50
haha you git! I blame you for bringing out desperation from my engine lol.

sphinX
10-09-2008, 17:55
fixed, dump valve was shot

5teve L
10-09-2008, 18:10
Could be a leak in your vacuum (boostgauge) pipe - I'm guessing the same pipe goes to your ignition module and dump valve, if fitted.

Check for leaks in all of it and if you have a dump valve check that the diaphram isn't split.

As Chris said ;)