PDA

View Full Version : idle problem

Smokey
07-02-2010, 16:21
i fitted a 2 1/2 down pipe today and its all connected correctly double checked and tripile checked just.

For some reason it seems to be struggling to idle and has cut out a couple of times its also seems to be a little smokey out the exhaust and abit water/oily liquid.

Any ideas to wat this is, i have a little ideas but i may be way off the mark.

Thanks

JRP
07-02-2010, 16:24
Have you still got an idle mixture screw still in situ?

Was the new down pipe NEW or Old?

If it was old it may have had lots of oil/gunk hence the smoke....

Idle prob may be a coincidence

Smokey
07-02-2010, 16:30
down pipe was new from cgb and was clean really so i wouldnt have thort it was that.

As for the mixture screw i havent been messing with the carb so i wouldnt have thort it was that either have you got a picture to load to the thread please and i could have a look to double check.

I thort may be that wen i had it set up it was done to idle at 800rpm and with a bigger down pipe and getting ride of the exhaust gasses quicker that might have had an effect, or am i barking up the wrong tree.

Smokey
07-02-2010, 21:22
any more info would be great i spose i cud always have the choke in slightly that would keep the revs up just that little bit to stop it stutering.

but as for the oily/water out the exhaust thats puzzeling me wat could this be.

may be because the its a new down pipe and the exhaust wernt sitting correctly before and now iv moved it so it fits better its cleaning all the s**t out i duno.

Thanks

JRP
07-02-2010, 21:25
any more info would be great i spose i cud always have the choke in slightly that would keep the revs up just that little bit to stop it stutering.

but as for the oily/water out the exhaust thats puzzeling me wat could this be.

may be because the its a new down pipe and the exhaust wernt sitting correctly before and now iv moved it so it fits better its cleaning all the s**t out i duno.

Thanks

oily water will be soot in the exhaust/condense of poc's.

adjust the idle speed see if that helps

TrixNFlix
07-02-2010, 21:30
Itll probably just a bit of oil in the turbo elbow that you have disturbed, mine did that too, give it a blast and it will soon disappear.Dont keep the choke on constantly, turn the idle screw clockwise to up your idle speed, alot of gtt's like to idle just below 1000 revs, seem alot happier there.

TrixNFlix
07-02-2010, 21:31
oops im too slow :ashamed::D

Smokey
07-02-2010, 21:34
thanks alot, as iv never messed with carbs before well cars infact untill i got the 5 i dont know where the idle screw is or wat it looks like. (abit nieve)

As any body got a link or a picture of the idle screw on the carb so i can have a fiddle with it wen i get chance.

Thanks for you help.

Im learning.

JRP
07-02-2010, 21:43
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Solex%2032%20Dis%20Carb%20Information/Screw%20locations%20Solex%2032%20DIS.JPG

JRP
07-02-2010, 21:45
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Solex%2032%20Dis%20Carb%20Information/Screw%20locations%20Solex%2032%20DIS.JPG

more

Smokey
07-02-2010, 22:04
thanks JRP great pics ill give that a blast, something else ill have learnt to do hopefully.

I'll get the car warm wen i get chance so its idileing well trying to anyway then turn it clockwise a little then hopefully bobs ya uncle and its fixed.

Thanks again.

Smokey
09-02-2010, 08:13
job done just turned the idle screw now all is well, for a while anyway untill summet else happens.

Thanks