View Full Version : Interior heater fan

JRP
06-02-2010, 16:34
Ok i just cant get the fan to work.

I have search and read through a few threads mainly

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=12746&highlight=heater+controls

and

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4487&highlight=heater+controls

Now I have proved the fan works via the battery and near loss of fingers all ok there.

Ive got all the switches out dash end and checked all connections via ash tray removal etc...

Ive tested the the connectors in the bulk head bit and cleaned them up, iam getting varying readings (may re test)

Iam a bit stumped i hope its not a dash out job, Although that would allow a mint dash to be fitted....

Is there a way to wire up the fan with out the speed switch i.e its either on or off? have people done this any diagrams etc ?

Any help to get this dam thing working id be in love with you :)

car.crash
06-02-2010, 16:52
it can be done with a basic on/off switch as thats whats in my campus. not sure how its wired whether they used original wiring and modified it or run new cables but it wont be a difficult job to do.

JRP
06-02-2010, 17:47
Im sure i can work it out onto an on off switch :) thanks dude

TNT Tricky Nicky
06-02-2010, 21:21
my heater is set to the hottest position and aimed at the windscreen, control box removed and a rocker switch instead of the roller switch.

was about 4 years ago i did it so unfortunatly can not tell you which wires you need to connect to the switch, knowing my way of working i probably tried all possible combinations until it was blowing at full speed :laugh:

JRP
06-02-2010, 21:27
So if i remove the heat setting dial, also the direction of air dial... how do i leave them set and make sure they stay set?

if i can do this id mount a small lcd screen in the space commonly found on scoffs website under zeitronix wideband etc :) hmmmmmmmm

TNT Tricky Nicky
06-02-2010, 22:01
I've not done anything with them apart from remove the cables, they haven't moved since as they seem to hold themselves in place.
if you wanted i guess a self tapping screw placed to stop it moving would work as both settings are at the end of the rotation so only needs stopping from going one way

JRP
06-02-2010, 22:04
so i can remove the whole pannel in theory. I shall be looking onto this tomorrow.

cheers dude :)

dizzeeR5
06-02-2010, 22:12
JRP if you figure outhot to lock your heater, drop us a message because id like to do this aswell please. :D cheers

JRP
06-02-2010, 22:45
JRP if you figure outhot to lock your heater, drop us a message because id like to do this aswell please. :D cheers

AII AII captain