PDA

View Full Version : 200cc bashan road legal quad

robbie506
04-02-2010, 18:41
the misses is buying me a 200cc bashan road legal quad for my birthday any body know if these are any good? have not got a clue about quads always wanted one are they cheap to insure or not?
what sort of acceleration and top speed will i get out of it?
cheers folks

D4WNO
04-02-2010, 18:54
Regarding the insurance, depends again on your details. Try getting a quote on one online

car.crash
04-02-2010, 18:58
dont rear end a car as you end up flying through their rear window. if its a chinese copy quad then leave well alone and get a proper brand one.

HULK
04-02-2010, 21:02
Some of my mates have Raptors, they arent cheap but are seriously quick, will do 80mph no problem and tax is the same as taxing a 5gtt £125 a year

One thing that seriously worries me about road legal quads is that its not law to wear a helmet, none of my mates wear Helmets and i think they are complete idiots doing the stupid speeds they are cable of with zero safety protection, its just a massive fatal accident waiting to happen imo :dearme:

If you ever take one piece of advice in your life take this!!

Wear a Helmet!!

robbie506
05-02-2010, 09:53
i will be wearin one but cant lie in the summer i will not wear it all the time. oh and im not plannin to rear end anybody dont swing that way:laugh:.
it is not a chinese copy she is gettin it from her cousin he got it new from a dealer.

r5 rich
05-02-2010, 15:54
I have a quadzilla 250cc quad and to be honest its a good bit of fun but spends more time in my old mans garden then it does on the road but its still usable between traffic and cheap to run but round roundabouts its a little bit of a cliff hanger if entry is a bit rapid.

My quad is good for 50 mph tops but when it costs around the same amount to tax as my 5, its seems a waste of money sitting there during the week but the best thing is wear a helmet, goggles, gloves and boots as I`ve been hit many times following cars with stones in many places and it ****ING HURTS!

robbie506
05-02-2010, 17:01
but the best thing is wear a helmet, goggles, gloves and boots as I`ve been hit many times following cars with stones in many places and it ****ING HURTS![/quote]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

never thought of that keep my distance then

r5 rich
05-02-2010, 20:05
but the best thing is wear a helmet, goggles, gloves and boots as I`ve been hit many times following cars with stones in many places and it ****ING HURTS!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

never thought of that keep my distance then[/quote]

sometimes even with distance they flick up and hit you! best things are bugs in the eyes when driving along and then you can`t see where your going:D