PDA

View Full Version : Battery tray removal?

Chris Walker
02-02-2010, 14:58
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey,

Just having a quick look under my engine bay before I ordered some service parts to make sure I aint missed anything and noticed my battery tray is getting quite rusty. Before I order a new one for about £50 from CGB does anyone know how easy it will be to replace? :scratch:

Is it just a case of disconecting & removing the battery, then undoing a few bolts to remove the tray?

OR

Will it be more involving, I mean getting behind the dash to remove the nuts from the other side or having to remove the wheel to get at nuts from the wheel arch that sort of thing, or even remove the carpet? :confused:

Advice please people...

Thankyou :)

Hoolio
02-02-2010, 16:20

OR

Will it be more involving, I mean getting behind the dash to remove the nuts from the other side or having to remove the wheel to get at nuts from the wheel arch that sort of thing, or even remove the carpet? :confused:

Pretty much all of that, not difficult just time consuming.

J$£5GTT
02-02-2010, 18:01
nuts up under dash are not the easiest to get to,removing the fuse box makes it simpler to reach them.

:)

rs250nut
02-02-2010, 20:44
nuts up under dash are not the easiest to get to,removing the fuse box makes it simpler to reach them.

:)

:agree:

My mum said the amout of swearing coming out of the garage was shocking. :laugh:

Chris Walker
03-02-2010, 14:08

Damn :confused: So it's gonna be a pain in the arse! Glad I asked now.

Think I'll wait till the summer then :smokin:

Try and do it in a more relaxed way, couple of cans in the sun and take my time. Hate working on fiddly jobs in the wet & cold weather cos you just wanna get it done ASAP. Ha ha haaa... Relax, and hopefully it won't stress me out if its a nice day for it. lmao

Cheers guys :niceone:

Wallace
03-02-2010, 15:11
Is it just a case of disconecting & removing the battery, then undoing a few bolts to remove the tray?

You might find thats it been messed with previously, because mine came out pretty much as you've described there??

Couple of nuts - clearly visable on the top of the tray mounts, undo them - NICE!!! JOB DONE:agree::agree:

You'll know once the batteries out anyway:scratch:

rs250nut
03-02-2010, 15:36
Little tip, remove the passenger seat and then you can lay down on your back and reach up:)

dave r5
03-02-2010, 16:40
angle grinder:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:: devil: