PDA

View Full Version : AEM wideband & water injection kits

Scoff
29-01-2010, 22:01
Hi guys,

Another scoff-tastic special offer for club members:

The uber-popular AEM wideband "6-in-1" gauge, with interchangeable black or white facia and black or silver bezels. Complete with sensor, a very simple loom (a live and earth will get these running) and a weld-in M18 exhaust boss too. There is (unfortunately) next to bugger-all margin on these because of their popularity on ebay, and so the absoloute best price possible is £155 + £5 p&p (UK)

More blurb and pictures here:
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=204

Next is the water injection kit with 5 ltr tank. A fair bit cheaper than the aquamist systems and comes with a progressive controller too, not just an on/off pressure switch. 2 presets on the controller set when the injection is actuated and another preset to set the pressure at which full flow is required. Comes with a selection of jets to cover nearly any flow requirement. 1/8" NPT jets - stainless steel weld in bosses available if you need them - £330 + £5 p&p (UK)

Info and pictures:
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=205

xenon
30-01-2010, 00:56
:agree:

BluntyR5GTT
30-01-2010, 06:48
defo interested in the wideband but not until about april time will they still be at this price then ?

Thundercat
14-03-2010, 20:48
defo want a AEM wideband, anyone know if offer still on?

raj
14-03-2010, 22:24
is anyone clued up on how to set these aem wideband kits up.?

markymark and hydrotec fitted mine a while back but to me and to them i think:scratch: the setting up/calibration of the kit seemed confusing.

the intructions are with the kit but to me its all foreign :ashamed: me and electrics dont mix:crap:

it states that to set it up you have to turn the little knob on the back of the gauge at a certain point:scratch:. its lost me.

after it was fitted markymark attached his innovate sensor to the exhaust tailpipe and plugged it to his innovate lm-1 while my aem sensor was fitted to the downpipe.... the lm-1 and the aem where showing different arf readings:scratch: so one is obviously not reading correct.

i cant even follow this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOtfoY8P2Y :ashamed:

Scoff
14-03-2010, 22:32
Reading differently at full throttle ? tail pipe sensors won't work well at idle and low load so don't worry unless they were different at full throttle.

Re setting up, no idea, can't say I've even opened one but I've not had anyone have any problems yet ! With the sensor in free air you should get a reading of 20.9 or very close. If not, then it's not calibrated, probably.

raj
14-03-2010, 22:40
Reading differently at full throttle ? tail pipe sensors won't work well at idle and low load so don't worry unless they were different at full throttle.

Re setting up, no idea, can't say I've even opened one but I've not had anyone have any problems yet ! With the sensor in free air you should get a reading of 20.9 or very close. If not, then it's not calibrated, probably.

ok so i'll start by unscrewing the sensor from the downpipe, turning the ignition on and if all is well i should be getting around 20.9. if its not, what is the calibration proceedure? i swear it says something about the tiny knob on the back being in a certain position:scratch:

Scoff
14-03-2010, 22:44
Not a clue regarding setup mate, I've not ever opened a box to one of those. They're sealed from AEM, so I can't really go delving into one. The instructions are probably on the web somewhere, I managed to find the instructions for the WI kits.

Nayls
14-03-2010, 23:40
the uego does'nt require a free air calibration,in fact i dont think it has anything to reset it?

the lc-1 i had needed a free air calibration,but the aem definately did'nt?

or have they changed them at all?

TrixNFlix
15-03-2010, 09:13
You definately don't need to calibrate the aem, I think there is a switch on the back to switch from afr to something else, can't remember, can have a look tonight for you raj, as it's currently in the front room.

Nayls
15-03-2010, 09:57
You definately don't need to calibrate the aem, I think there is a switch on the back to switch from afr to something else, can't remember, can have a look tonight for you raj, as it's currently in the front room.

:agree: that switches the readings to lambda

TrixNFlix
15-03-2010, 09:59
:agree: that switches the readings to lambda

Ahh cool. :agree:

GTphil
15-03-2010, 12:15
Yup, just check the switch is pointing to the one that is for afr and thats it;) Easy peasy!

sphinX
16-03-2010, 09:18
I already have the guage in car. I think I just need a sensor then.. I think I have the lc-1. What else would I need?