PDA

View Full Version : Extreme diet

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 15:27
Does anyone know much about diets.

What are the potential harms someone could do not eating for say 3 days?

Drinking plenty of water yes, but no actual food.

DaveMayGTT
26-01-2010, 15:33
Im guessing you would feel pretty hungry :)

Why would you want to do that, im guessing its not a loose weight diet? It will slow your metabolism down severely so you will need to be carefull what you eat when you restart eating and you will loose a lot of essential salts which would make you feel pretty crap.

D4WNO
26-01-2010, 15:35
Purely idiotic

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 15:35
Im guessing you would feel pretty hungry :)

Why would you want to do that, im guessing its not a loose weight diet? It will slow your metabolism down severely so you will need to be carefull what you eat when you restart eating and you will loose a lot of essential salts which would make you feel pretty crap.

Ive haggled down to 2 days. 48 hours. its a bet. i can have any non food liquids. milshakes are banned.

I have energy drinks Monster RIpper as my company is sponsered by them so im gunna drink 6 cans of that over the next 48 hours. oh and plenty of water.

D4WNO
26-01-2010, 15:38
What a stupid bet! Don't you have small children who would probably quite like their dad to have the energy to play with them?!

FYI, not eating for a couple of days isn't going to do your body any harm at all, it's just going to leave you with low energy. I did a course on nutrition recently so know a little.

Spooky
26-01-2010, 15:42
Best way in my opinion to lose weight in that respect is to reduce the quantity of food you eat over a period of WEEKS.

I can eat for Britain, trust me. My portions arent huge but I eat frequently purely because I don't work.

Think of a structured diet whilst your at work and home then stick to it.

Eat plenty of fruit and veg and deceant meats.

I'm 16stone...if I wanted, I know I could lose 2 stone over the next month purely through diet.

You're going about it the worst possible way with the least amount of research or at least thinking.

Good fukcing luck :agree:

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 15:42
What a stupid bet! Don't you have small children who would probably quite like their dad to have the energy to play with them?!

FYI, not eating for a couple of days isn't going to do your body any harm at all, it's just going to leave you with low energy. I did a course on nutrition recently so know a little.

Any idea of what point your body will begin to breakdown without food?

Just interested

Spooky
26-01-2010, 15:46
Affects people differently but usually lethargy, physically and mentally weaker, weakened immune system etc etc

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 15:46
Best way in my opinion to lose weight in that respect is to reduce the quantity of food you eat over a period of WEEKS.

I can eat for Britain, trust me. My portions arent huge but I eat frequently purely because I don't work.

Think of a structured diet whilst your at work and home then stick to it.

Eat plenty of fruit and veg and deceant meats.

I'm 16stone...if I wanted, I know I could lose 2 stone over the next month purely through diet.

You're going about it the worst possible way with the least amount of research or at least thinking.

Good fukcing luck :agree:

I actually do want to lose some weight myself, I think eating is all in the mind. I snack my head off then suffer for it.

Spooky
26-01-2010, 15:47
Do what I said, plan out your meals over one week, stick to it.

If you can do the first week without snacking and pigging out, it'll all be easier to manage long term.

car.crash
26-01-2010, 15:49
If you want to loose weight eat properly and do some excersize.

D4WNO
26-01-2010, 15:49
It depends entirely on the person and their body. It's all good and well when you begin to burn your fat reserves but then your muscle is eaten away and it's not a pretty sight. I've seen it happen to my dad when he was very ill and going back onto food afterwards was a difficult process as his stomach could no longer handle it.

D4WNO
26-01-2010, 15:50
I personally don't understand why people over-eat anyway, it's all under your own self control. Eat healthily, exercise and eat normal portion sizes, it's quite simple! Even extreme Hollywood diets involve eating food in some shape or form, not doing so is just irresponsible.

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 15:58
I personally don't understand why people over-eat anyway, it's all under your own self control. Eat healthily, exercise and eat normal portion sizes, it's quite simple!

I wouldnt say i over eat.

Breakfast = x1 sandwich
Dinner = x2 Sandwiches, packet of Crisps, biscuit or 3.
Tea = x2 poached eggs on toast

Thats me for today and honestly it will bust me up and make me feel sick by say 6.30pm

I'm on some meds so I'm hoping im this fast wont affect them.

D4WNO
26-01-2010, 16:01
See, why the need for the crisps and biscuits? You're not getting anything from them lol

If you're on any form of medication then leave this fast for a while, it's a silly silly idea.

ps - Why on earth do you eat bread in every meal?! :confused:

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 16:05
See, why the need for the crisps and biscuits? You're not getting anything from them lol

If you're on any form of medication then leave this fast for a while, it's a silly silly idea.

ps - Why on earth do you eat bread in every meal?! :confused:

Bread rocks!!

D4WNO
26-01-2010, 16:10
Bread rocks!!

Bread is very bloating!

Eat it during one meal only, switch it for brown or granary (granary toast is gooood), eat some meat, toss on some veg and maybe one snack a day. Scrap the biscuits too, you're really not helping yourself.

My mum lost a tonne in weight just by not having temptation in the house - I.e - Not buying junk food in the first place so it wasn't easy to just grab and eat.

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 16:16
Bread is very bloating!

Eat it during one meal only, switch it for brown or granary (granary toast is gooood), eat some meat, toss on some veg and maybe one snack a day. Scrap the biscuits too, you're really not helping yourself.

My mum lost a tonne in weight just by not having temptation in the house - I.e - Not buying junk food in the first place so it wasn't easy to just grab and eat.

Yeah its gotta be worth a go. :agree:

Hoolio
26-01-2010, 16:27
I wouldnt say i over eat.

Breakfast = x1 sandwich
Dinner = x2 Sandwiches, packet of Crisps, biscuit or 3.
Tea = x2 poached eggs on toast

Thats me for today and honestly it will bust me up and make me feel sick by say 6.30pm

I'm on some meds so I'm hoping im this fast wont affect them.

A bit of a lack of any of the five a day in there as well.
As for the meds if your on liquids only, they will flush through quicker and not be so effective.

clee
26-01-2010, 16:30
I've found the best thing for losing weight is to have three boys .The food lands and is gone before I even get chance to sniff it out .
I only survive because they are too young to drink the Guinness .

J$£5GTT
26-01-2010, 16:57
fill a glass with water,syrup and ice cubes,that will help you win your bet..

then go grab a maccy d's.

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 17:05
I've found the best thing for losing weight is to have three boys .The food lands and is gone before I even get chance to sniff it out .
I only survive because they are too young to drink the Guinness .

LOL :agree:

Hoolio
26-01-2010, 17:07
then go grab a maccy d's.

That's not classed as food anyway.

Big Steve - Raider
26-01-2010, 17:11
toss on some veg....

Will that help me lose weight?! :jerkoff: :scared:

:laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
26-01-2010, 17:17
Will that help me lose weight?! :jerkoff: :scared:

:laugh:

:laugh:, glad it was not just me...:laugh:, best way to lose weight is regular excercise and sensible eating , fruit and veg will only help your whole system too, it aint rocket science but starving yourself for a bet is just for jockeys..some folks round the world do it without choice...:dearme:

clee
26-01-2010, 17:19
Loaves and fishes FTW

Nayls
26-01-2010, 18:24
im on a 1200 calorie a day diet at the mo :)

lost 10lb in the first week :)

absolutely gagging for a chinese blow out!!! but i love my food,if i give in i'l want it again the next day,gotta stay strict & put the effort in :)

D4WNO
26-01-2010, 18:27
Good on ya Nayls! What are you eating out of interest? I'm a little girl weighing in under 8 stones and don't think I could live on 1200 calories lol

Brigsy
26-01-2010, 18:31
Decent food in moderation, cut the rubbish out takeaways etc & plenty of exercise will keep you right. Sod the diet lark:agree:

Spooky
26-01-2010, 18:32
Decent food in moderation, cut the rubbish out takeaways etc & plenty of exercise will keep you right. Sod the diet lark:agree:

Ditto :smokin:

Nayls
26-01-2010, 18:47
Good on ya Nayls! What are you eating out of interest? I'm a little girl weighing in under 8 stones and don't think I could live on 1200 calories lol

believe me it's killing me!!! but im in the zone & sticking to it.

i try change every day,but i've been eating,cereals,poached eggs,scrambled eggs,soup,fish with no batter,new potatos,jacket potatos,rustlers southern fried chicken burgers < very tasty & low cals! sandwiches,the odd choccy bar as a treat :)

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 18:50
believe me it's killing me!!! but im in the zone & sticking to it.

i try change every day,but i've been eating,cereals,poached eggs,scrambled eggs,soup,fish with no batter,new potatos,jacket potatos,rustlers southern fried chicken burgers < very tasty & low cals! sandwiches,the odd choccy bar as a treat :)

That doesnt sound too bad. Maybe I can do that aswell.

raj
26-01-2010, 20:28
from nov 09 to now ive gone from 18stone to 15stone.

ive done no exersize.

what i do is drink a pint of water before any meal,it gives me the sence of being full.
i also drink alot of water,about 4/5lts a day.

ive adjusted my portion sizes although there still a decent size.
i eat alot of boiled veg too.

newbstar*
26-01-2010, 21:07
No butter on bread, also cut out tea and coffee. Also exercise.

Trevhib
26-01-2010, 23:07
You haven't actually stated what your goals are (assuming it's more than some stupid wager), so how can anyone best advise you on how to get there?

Also, note, if you starve yourself for short sporadic periods at a time, your body will do its best to hold onto the reserves that you have (i.e. your fat), because it's never sure when its next meal is coming. Not a good way to lose weight.

Mike GTT
26-01-2010, 23:38
you should really eat every three hours, anything over 3 hours, your body will go into 'starve' mode, and the next meal will be mainly stored as fat. so eat often to keep your metabolism fast.

eat your carbs early in the morning, switching to 60% protein in your last meal.

Breakfast: Oats & hand full of raisins

2.5 hours later: apple or pear

lunch: chicken/tuna/salmon sandwich

2.5 hours later: small piece of fruit

tea: jacket potato with something high in protein with a fair amount of veg

2 spoonfulls of cottage cheese before bed.

that + 2.5 - 3 litres of water should see you good. if your training add a high carb meal before training and a high protein meal for after.

adopting this way of eating saw me go from 15st 7lbs @24% bodyfat to 10st 4lbs and 9% bodyfat in a year whilst still having a blowout day each week. happy days :D

Ross
26-01-2010, 23:51
you should really eat every three hours, anything over 3 hours, your body will go into 'starve' mode, and the next meal will be mainly stored as fat. so eat often to keep your metabolism fast.

eat your carbs early in the morning, switching to 60% protein in your last meal.

Breakfast: Oats & hand full of raisins

2.5 hours later: apple or pear

lunch: chicken/tuna/salmon sandwich

2.5 hours later: small piece of fruit

tea: jacket potato with something high in protein with a fair amount of veg

2 spoonfulls of cottage cheese before bed.

that + 2.5 - 3 litres of water should see you good. if your training add a high carb meal before training and a high protein meal for after.

adopting this way of eating saw me go from 15st 7lbs @24% bodyfat to 10st 4lbs and 9% bodyfat in a year whilst still having a blowout day each week. happy days :D

someone speaks some sense!!! wish i could plus rep on this site! thats not to say other people havent offered good advice bit this is spot on. if your serious about wanting to lose weight you have to see it as a change to the way you think about food forget the word 'diet' i dont see the point in these people saying i want to lose x amount for my holiday then piling it all back on why would you not want to maintain that weight/ bf% all the time? you should be aiming to lose 2lbs 3 at a push of fat a week anything more is simply water and will not be sustained :)

Trevhib
27-01-2010, 10:22
Good stuff Mike.

I'm 33, 5'9", 12st4lb, and 10% body fat. I'm not as cut as I was when I was 25 but then I'm stronger and have more muscle, which as a 'small guy' is where I prefer to be. Fitness is good (and becoming more important again now I'm, getting older), although the extra stone and a half of muscle weight compared to 5-8 years ago makes me less agile at fast sports (if I had a knee that would ever allow me to play that is)! It's always a compromise eh :)

Kenobi
27-01-2010, 10:42
You haven't actually stated what your goals are (assuming it's more than some stupid wager), so how can anyone best advise you on how to get there?

Also, note, if you starve yourself for short sporadic periods at a time, your body will do its best to hold onto the reserves that you have (i.e. your fat), because it's never sure when its next meal is coming. Not a good way to lose weight.

Well this was just a stupid wager that i lost at exactly 10.38am this morning.

However i am already aiming to be 12 stone by xmas im 13 stone now.

Trevhib
27-01-2010, 11:10
Well this was just a stupid wager that i lost at exactly 10.38am this morning.

However i am already aiming to be 12 stone by xmas im 13 stone now.

If you failed at the former then I don't hold out much hope of you succeeding at the latter.

Good luck in any case, just be aware that being fit and/or eating healthy are both lifestyle changes/choices.

Incidentally, my choice is thus - I don't eat very healthily but I work out all the time. At the moment, I'm getting away with it because my metobolism is still good.

Kenobi
27-01-2010, 11:18
If you failed at the former then I don't hold out much hope of you succeeding at the latter.

Good luck in any case, just be aware that being fit and/or eating healthy are both lifestyle changes/choices.

Incidentally, my choice is thus - I don't eat very healthily but I work out all the time. At the moment, I'm getting away with it because my metobolism is still good.

My metabolism is crap. Plus i am plagued with Fibromyalgia.

Mike GTT
27-01-2010, 12:15

when i used to play rugby i weighed in at 14st: eating loads, but with extremely intense training session (3 times a week for no more than 45 mins)

i then got plagued with injuries with the killer blow breaking my collarbone!

after that i carried on eating, muscle turned to fat an before i knew i was a fat boy. i changed my diet (as above) then started running as i started to loose more weight, upped my food intake and went from there the more i did.

if you suffer with your joints, have you tried low impact exercise like swimming??if you can and providing your getting your greens you wont be in a worse situation for it.

if i can make my metabolism fast anyone can mate.

when i first started eating i used used the maintenance calorie rule;

your maintenance calories are what you would need to survive if you didn't move all day, roughly calculated by:

your weight in KG's x 22 ie: 90kgs x 22 = 1980 kcals

thats a good start and tweek it, just time your meals over the day and keep to the same timing everyday, no meals after 8pm (apart from bedtime snack) and water is the key!

you'll only feel better for eating well, it suprised me when i got back on the wagon if i'm honest.

i'll post up my Ospreys diet if anyone's interested?

i don't mean to sound like a nob by saying this, if you've got any questions just ask:) nutrition science used to be drummed into us when i was playing rugby, may aswel put it to some use haha

Ricardo
27-01-2010, 12:18
Over the last 3 years i've lost 4 stone in weight, quite simple, stop eating crap! Have a treat moderatly but cutting down on drink, takeaways and nit picking really helped. Along the way i've got into running a couple of times a week, my job (when i'm there :D) is on site and manual labour, swimming once a week or every 2.

I wouldn't say diet, i'd call it a serious food lifestyle change, the hardest part is to stay with it but seeing the results keeps you going. Re training the brain to eating healthy

Kenobi
27-01-2010, 12:27
when i used to play rugby i weighed in at 14st: eating loads, but with extremely intense training session (3 times a week for no more than 45 mins)

i then got plagued with injuries with the killer blow breaking my collarbone!

after that i carried on eating, muscle turned to fat an before i knew i was a fat boy. i changed my diet (as above) then started running as i started to loose more weight, upped my food intake and went from there the more i did.

if you suffer with your joints, have you tried low impact exercise like swimming??if you can and providing your getting your greens you wont be in a worse situation for it.

if i can make my metabolism fast anyone can mate.

when i first started eating i used used the maintenance calorie rule;

your maintenance calories are what you would need to survive if you didn't move all day, roughly calculated by:

your weight in KG's x 22 ie: 90kgs x 22 = 1980 kcals

thats a good start and tweek it, just time your meals over the day and keep to the same timing everyday, no meals after 8pm (apart from bedtime snack) and water is the key!

you'll only feel better for eating well, it suprised me when i got back on the wagon if i'm honest.

i'll post up my Ospreys diet if anyone's interested?

i don't mean to sound like a nob by saying this, if you've got any questions just ask:) nutrition science used to be drummed into us when i was playing rugby, may aswel put it to some use haha

Do post up that diet mate.

Water is the key to life. hopefully i can take inspiration from all these different styles posted here.

Mike GTT
27-01-2010, 12:49
Do post up that diet mate.

Water is the key to life. hopefully i can take inspiration from all these different styles posted here.

i shall post it when i get home. the eating plan is for muscle growth whilst training, but it'll give you an idea of what to eat for your mains. and you can adapt that to what you want to do.

It gives a number of different meals for each part of the day aswel so you don't get bored.

another tip, drink ice cold water aswel, your body has to warm up the water before it can be passed through to the intestines, this uses energy, so it'll help you burn calories even if your just sitting around :agree:

Spooky
27-01-2010, 18:51
Over the last 3 years i've lost 4 stone in weight, quite simple, stop eating crap! Have a treat moderatly but cutting down on drink, takeaways and nit picking really helped. Along the way i've got into running a couple of times a week, my job (when i'm there :D) is on site and manual labour, swimming once a week or every 2.

I wouldn't say diet, i'd call it a serious food lifestyle change, the hardest part is to stay with it but seeing the results keeps you going. Re training the brain to eating healthy

I was gunna say, surely youve put on a few pounds lately, didnt wanna mention it on Sunday ;) :laugh:

Ricardo
27-01-2010, 19:05
I was gunna say, surely youve put on a few pounds lately, didnt wanna mention it on Sunday ;) :laugh:

Hehe, since leaving hospital i've lost a stone, but yeah do expect to some back on...... 2 curries in 2 days last weekend ;) :D

Spooky
27-01-2010, 19:11
Good man, you need fattenin' up :D

Ricardo
27-01-2010, 19:20
Good man, you need fattenin' up :D

I'll be down soon then to sample proper indian cuisine ;) :cool:

Spooky
27-01-2010, 19:25
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

raj
27-01-2010, 19:29

fibromyalgia isnt nice at all, my mother suffers from it.

vid clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xrouYkHO8). .... it helps my mother.

5alldaway
27-01-2010, 19:29
It depends entirely on the person and their body. It's all good and well when you begin to burn your fat reserves but then your muscle is eaten away and it's not a pretty sight. I've seen it happen to my dad when he was very ill and going back onto food afterwards was a difficult process as his stomach could no longer handle it.

agreed its not a pretty site, i knew a girl who went from a size 16 to borderline size 0 in the space of a year through not eating, she was a total moron!

best way to lose weight in my opinion is eat your usual favourite junk but you have got to really put the effort into doing the exercise, my diet hasnt really changed since back in the day when i was 8 stone heavier

losing weight also can mess with peoples personalities aswell, i know too many people who have changed cause they got the confidence, for better and worse

BigWilly425
27-01-2010, 19:46
exercise & diet, plain & simple... oh, and stay off the booze....

Jessop
28-01-2010, 17:41
3.5k cal daily diet for me at the mo ^_^

6 meals a day.

If you loose the weight, hopefully i'll find it. haha

Seriously though, not eating is NOT the way to loose weight.
Eat sensibly though, regulary enough to keep up your energy.

As long as you are burining off whatever carbs you are consuming then you are doing fine. If you sit in an office all day you need to take that into account, contrasting to a somebody who say, works on a building site grafting.

Head on over to www.muscletalk.co.uk

Plenty of folk on there who can give you some proper advice.

Good luck! :cooter:

Nayls
23-02-2010, 02:10
time for some toning up :)

has anybody got/had any ab machines? not them belt things,but the one's you actually do some work on.

if so,do you reccomend any?

i'l post some links

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AB-MASTER-PRO-BENCH-THE-KING-OF-AB-TRAINING-MACHINES_W0QQitemZ290404790184QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Sporting_Goods_Exercise_Fitness_Fitness_Accessor ies_ET?hash=item439d796fa8

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ab-Circle-Pro-Burn-Fat-and-Tone-Your-Abs-Free-Del_W0QQitemZ330405201927QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Spo rting_Goods_Exercise_Fitness_Fitness_Accessories_E T?hash=item4cedaf4807

Slim
23-02-2010, 02:18
depending on how much fat you have on your belly... excersize wont do it alone..

if you have quite a bit of fat.. then its nearly impossible fo 'most' people to rid of it. Otherwise you ll have to diet and excercise.. Theres many abs exercises u can chose from... js youtube or somthing..

Alex
23-02-2010, 09:52
time for some toning up :)

has anybody got/had any ab machines? not them belt things,but the one's you actually do some work on.

if so,do you reccomend any?

i'l post some links

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AB-MASTER-PRO-BENCH-THE-KING-OF-AB-TRAINING-MACHINES_W0QQitemZ290404790184QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Sporting_Goods_Exercise_Fitness_Fitness_Accessor ies_ET?hash=item439d796fa8

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ab-Circle-Pro-Burn-Fat-and-Tone-Your-Abs-Free-Del_W0QQitemZ330405201927QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Spo rting_Goods_Exercise_Fitness_Fitness_Accessories_E T?hash=item4cedaf4807

Personally I'd say your money. Just do sit-ups without a machine. You could possibly buy a crunch ball though..... :)

Kenobi
23-02-2010, 09:55
Personally I'd say your money. Just do sit-ups without a machine. You could possibly buy a crunch ball though..... :)

Sit up is what im doing, if i dont need to go str8 to bed when i get in. Im much better in the summer months as my condition doesnt affect me so much.

Matt Cole
23-02-2010, 13:29
This was me on my own diet. From 16st down to 13.3.

Doing a diet correctly takes a lot of effort, commitment and knowledge regarding keeping yourself healthy.

old skool turbo power
23-02-2010, 23:00
3.5k cal daily diet for me at the mo ^_^

6 meals a day.

If you loose the weight, hopefully i'll find it. haha

Seriously though, not eating is NOT the way to loose weight.
Eat sensibly though, regulary enough to keep up your energy.

As long as you are burining off whatever carbs you are consuming then you are doing fine. If you sit in an office all day you need to take that into account, contrasting to a somebody who say, works on a building site grafting.

Head on over to www.muscletalk.co.uk (http://www.muscletalk.co.uk)

Plenty of folk on there who can give you some proper advice.

Good luck! :cooter:

all good goin on the internet for stuff like advice but end of the day its you yourself that need to change it and a good way is talking to some one who knows what there on about a person who trains hard and know what there doing,thats wat i have found out and it helps alot,even down to certian exercises you do it helps.(imo) a diet consist of eatin to a certian amount then burning it off at the same time being bothered to do it as well.:agree: