PDA

View Full Version : correcting the miles on the speedo

joegtir
25-01-2010, 20:34
can anyone tell me how you do this??? , mine packed up the otherday did have 72k on , so iv put a new set in just wanted to correct because it now reads 92k didnt want to add 20k on it before the next mot

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-01-2010, 20:40
Be careful...could be classed as 'clocking....'?

joegtir
25-01-2010, 20:48
Be careful...could be classed as 'clocking....'?

yeah i know whats your sayin , i thort someone would pull me up on this , like i said its not clocking its correcting

markey b
25-01-2010, 20:49
clocking isn't illegal...

trying to sell a car with incorrect mileage is, eg. lowering the miles and claiming the car has less miles on it is fraud

mileage correction is perfectly legal

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-01-2010, 21:02
Take the gubbins out of the speedo, and use a toothpick.
The milage numbers rarely line up on majority of Renaults, so won't look out of place.;)

joegtir
25-01-2010, 21:32
Take the gubbins out of the speedo, and use a toothpick.
The milage numbers rarely line up on majority of Renaults, so won't look out of place.;)

kool mate thanks worked a treat

Rob@Backyardracing
25-01-2010, 22:26
Normally, on the ones ive seen, you need to melt the plastic that holds the roll of the numbers in.. then melt it back once have made your required choice of mileage.?

joegtir
26-01-2010, 12:43
Normally, on the ones ive seen, you need to melt the plastic that holds the roll of the numbers in.. then melt it back once have made your required choice of mileage.?

that might be a bit quicker but you may end up with a knackered set of clcocks if you dont get it right , i did as matt said , 4 screws on the back of the clock set then took the needle off and the two little screws on the front it , after that i just wound it back easy it did take a while to get 20k off but lined up perfect

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 13:51
Buy a set of clocks with less mileage on than what yours has done then just run the car around untill you have correct mleage.

:agree:

Ps Joe my mrs loves her xmas prezzie. ;)

T.K
26-01-2010, 13:59
Jack up the front and put it in reverse with a brick on the throttle.

joegtir
26-01-2010, 14:06
Jack up the front and put it in reverse with a brick on the throttle.

hahaha ferris bueller style

joegtir
26-01-2010, 14:09
Buy a set of clocks with less mileage on than what yours has done then just run the car around untill you have correct mleage.

:agree:

Ps Joe my mrs loves her xmas prezzie. ;)

i would have done but would have cost money and think thats classed as clocking too

glad she likes mate

Kenobi
26-01-2010, 14:29
i would have done but would have cost money and think thats classed as clocking too

glad she likes mate

Let me know what wears your peddling next xmas mate.