PDA

View Full Version : melted loom

jack joy
04-10-2008, 12:03
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Tried to start my 11 the other day,and there was no power going to the starter,then saw that the perc fan wiring had melted all the way to the relay and down to the fan itself,obviously melting other parts of the loom,hence no starter,that those wires were in contact with:(
How would I go about replacing the burnt out sections? is this worth doing or would it be best to try and get a second hand one and change the whole thing?
Any advice would be great,as it's currently not going any where:sad2:
Cheers

Kris M
04-10-2008, 12:20
IMO, not worth replacing burnt sections of loom, You can still buy a brand new loom for the 5 GTT, so id imagine renault still sell them for the 11 ????

jack joy
08-10-2008, 20:21

Sadly renault said no! so if any one has one ,not melted that is,i will pay good money for it as I'm a bit desperate:ashamed:
Cheers.

Kris M
08-10-2008, 20:34
You could well be right, but in my experience alot of Renault dealers cannot be arsed to trawl through and look for parts for old vehicles, and often they say no without looking

Paul B, is the parts legend, send him a PM. This will give you a definitive answer :)

jack joy
08-10-2008, 22:51

Cheers for that ,I'll send him a pm right away;)

Martyn....11 Turbo
13-10-2008, 19:51

Cheers for that ,I'll send him a pm right away;)

If you have any luck let us know i could do with one as a spare.

jack joy
16-10-2008, 20:32

If you have any luck let us know i could do with one as a spare.
I really is a know I'm afraid mate,sorry:(

Rob xcar
01-12-2008, 16:13
First post!

I've managed to find jack a loom from my little stock of salvaged parts so one more 11 still on the road.

fishead
01-12-2008, 18:02
if your struggleing to get parts try mike, renault have said no longer availible to me loads of times, i've asked mike an he's managed to sort it. he runs his own o/e new renault parts dept, an has sheds full of used bits, always done good for me

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=380