04-10-2008, 10:12
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

i no you take it all the way in but how many turns back to set mixture

James5
04-10-2008, 10:14
Rule of thumb is about 2 1/2 - 3 turns back out:coffee:

paul b
04-10-2008, 10:19
that setting the idle mixture,...........

if your after setting the mixture when running and on boost thats a whole world of worms in cans

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-10-2008, 10:40
Take it to a place/ garage with a c/0 mixture machine and do it with the pipe in the exhaust , works everytime!!!:)

Purple_rob
04-10-2008, 11:37
Idle mixture setting I would do like this.

Std wind in and as mentioned above, about 2 1/2 - 3 turns out.

Run the car and set the idle speed.

Turn the mixture screw in until it starts to struggle, turn back out about 1/4 - 1/2 turn.

Basically if the car struggles to idle at a nice RPM then you are to lean or rich. By winding it in it'll die if you go to far so wind it back out.

I used to do a lot of mobile tuning and guessed the C/o before I plugged the machine in. I found the above worked very well depending in the condition of the carb and what you prefer running.

p.s if you get a flat spot after your probably to lean. (could be rich but if your starting at the bottom it'll work better)

Hope that makes sense :)

Scoff
04-10-2008, 11:47
also, the engine should be good and hot when you set idle mixture.

djinuk
14-10-2008, 16:27
bring up a old thread here, but can anybody , point me to a diagram, that shows where about the different screws are on the carb?

UNICRONICUS
14-10-2008, 16:56
bring up a old thread here, but can anybody , point me to a diagram, that shows where about the different screws are on the carb?

Not quite Scoff's infamous carb pic that we all knew but it's close http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Troubleshooting%20pictures/32dis%20carb.jpg :)

scratcher
14-10-2008, 17:00
the idle speed screw is at the back of the carb, you'll see it with all the parts the throttle cable attaches to, and the mixture screw is on the drivers side of the carb, its down a little tunnel so you'll need a fairly thin screwdriver for it.
its in the haynes bible too. thats where i found it :cool:

edit* or look at the link above :ashamed:

djinuk
17-10-2008, 07:34
Idle mixture setting I would do like this.

Std wind in and as mentioned above, about 2 1/2 - 3 turns out.

Run the car and set the idle speed.

Turn the mixture screw in until it starts to struggle, turn back out about 1/4 - 1/2 turn.

Basically if the car struggles to idle at a nice RPM then you are to lean or rich. By winding it in it'll die if you go to far so wind it back out.

I used to do a lot of mobile tuning and guessed the C/o before I plugged the machine in. I found the above worked very well depending in the condition of the carb and what you prefer running.

p.s if you get a flat spot after your probably to lean. (could be rich but if your starting at the bottom it'll work better)

Hope that makes sense :)

I used this method , scewed the mixture all the way in, backed it out 2 1/2 turns, started the car (which struggled slightly), let the car get warm, and then i got the idle to about 800/900 rpm, but i attempted to screw the mixture in untill it sruggled.. yet i managed to turn it a full 2 1/2 turns in and the engine was still running :S

TommyB
17-10-2008, 15:48
Whats the part number of this mixture screw?

jesus in the seat of a 5
17-10-2008, 17:32
whats The Part Number Of This Mixture Screw?

77 01 034 196.....:d

tom t
01-03-2009, 15:16
just been trying to set my mixture. think i could do with a new screw. how do you get the old one out? looks like mines had ptfe tape or similiar around the sides of it.

also the car seems to idle a bit up and down now what could be the cause of this? cheers