PDA

View Full Version : help

Tooks
22-01-2010, 21:14
spent lots of money on brakes and they still dont work right and i got a really bad squeak from front wheel driving me mad please help

IANMM
23-01-2010, 08:08
a squeel or a squeak? is it when you brake or just under driving conditions?

J$£5GTT
23-01-2010, 10:04
what have you spent the money on,i mean what have you actually replaced,all new discs,calipers,pads etc..??

:)

TNT Tricky Nicky
23-01-2010, 14:34
Did you do the work yourself or has it been done at a garage? A bit of copper grease on the edges of the pads and on the backs helps stop sqeeks and rattles. Also clean the sliders right up with some fine emerycloth and lube them Up with silicon lube to make sure they're working a ok. Sometimes it's just to do with the pad and disc combinations, some discs work better with certain pads, it down to the materials used. Could be air in the lines or old brake fluid as it's recommend change can vary from 1 to 4 years due to the way it absorbs water and lowers the boiling point.

The new Bill J
23-01-2010, 14:44
spent lots of money on brakes and they still dont work right and i got a really bad squeak from front wheel driving me mad please help

fix the brakes if they are broken if there is a squeak then fix that to

clee
23-01-2010, 14:55
Where would we be without Bill's pearls of wisdom :D

More info is needed I think .....How not work right ?Spongy ? No bite ? etc

The new Bill J
23-01-2010, 15:00
Where would we be without Bill's pearls of wisdom :D

Well if the question's going to be that vague, and lacking in the English department, my answer's going to be the same :D

Maybe then, the op will see that Johnny 5 needs more input ;)