PDA

View Full Version : returning to a five again i hope

firstchoicegary
21-01-2010, 20:33
First post!

hello all i was a member over 4 -5 years ago ,had a black phase 2 g198 abx miss it dearly, looking to get another soon and was wondering if anyone has seen my old girl , i spent 10k on it looks standard but went to work on it ran 14 sec 1/4 mile to much to list but seats alone where £700 back then let alone full exhaust (£700 again!) , not sure what a chea goes for now but wana do a road/track type project.
thanks gary;)

HULK
21-01-2010, 21:28
welcome back buddy, I have also returned to the 5 scene after a 8 year break, after owning evos, imprezas etc, The 5 is still the most fun to drive :)

Your old car is not on the dvla database anymore so it could possibly have been scrapped, who knows?? :cry:

firstchoicegary
21-01-2010, 21:31
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

tell me about it ive had bmw 325i sports clio williams and a maserati 3200 . biggest waste of money ever, my five was amost perfect ex missus got me to sell it! gutted, how you know its not on road? whata shame that car was mint and had 10k spent on it was oung guy maybe he totalled it.??:cry:

HULK
21-01-2010, 21:35
Gary go to www.mycarcheck.com

Its free to type in any registration to find out if its on the dvla database, if its not its not on the road anymore:crap:

My old Raider must be dead and buried too!!! :sad:

firstchoicegary
21-01-2010, 21:38
its heart breaking, but what if they changed plates to private plate??? would it show up under original?

HULK
21-01-2010, 21:50
Good point if its been put on another plate it wont show up, unlikely but still possible.

There has been a few known famous fives from the late 90s that were magazine cover cars etc that have been scrapped as the shells were rotten

There arent many good shelled 5s out there anymore and finding a mint one is about as easy as getting Cheryl Coles phone number :p

firstchoicegary
21-01-2010, 21:59
unless you play for man u and earn 50k a week i dont fink it would be hard to get chezzas number lol ;)