PDA

View Full Version : Innovate air / fuel lambda help...

Leigh
04-10-2008, 09:00
Hello, just got my Innovate Wideband Gauge Kit the LC-1 and was wondering whereabouts you put the lambda sensor ? There is what looks like a lambda boss already in the elbow but looks like the sensor would foul on bodywork if placed there and didnt want to take it all apart at weekend to find ive gotta get it welded. Thanks Leigh

James5
04-10-2008, 09:12
You need to get the downpipe welded matey, there should have been a bung with the Innovate package you got. The bung needs to be no less than 6" inches to the turbo and the bung should be positioned @ 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock (I will try find a picture for you matey)

James5
04-10-2008, 09:16
See pic

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/C12%20GTT/IMG_3367.jpg

Leigh
04-10-2008, 09:18
You need to get the downpipe welded matey, there should have been a bung with the Innovate package you got. The bung needs to be no less than 6" inches to the turbo and the bung should be positioned @ 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock (I will try find a picture for you matey)

;) Yeah there was a bung in the pack that gives me some sort of idea where it goes cheers. Pic would be outstanding if ya got cheers :D

michael tierney
04-10-2008, 13:27
i've modified a couple of elbows that do the trick!!plenty of room too!

Ian S
04-10-2008, 15:00
It's too hot for the Lambda sensor in the turbo outlet elbow isn't it?

According to the Narrow band sensor I fitted about 4 or 5 years ago it's working temperature is about 600°C. Hotter or colder and the voltage output varies away from accurate. They have a heater to keep them warm enough. So apparently mounting at about 12 to 18 inches away from the turbo should allow the gas to have cooled enough.

Maybe it's different with wide band or new ones?