PDA

View Full Version : How to get the best sound from your r5.Also wheres best to get a turbo

LukeRobbo
18-01-2010, 21:18
Il be going to get the bits to rebuild/uprate my r5 and get it back on the road soon and want it sounding the business so just wondered if anyone could give me any advice,links to parts,youtube clips etc please

Im just going for 160bhp ish and was gonna just get a side exit,bigger downpipe and manifold but now im thinking i might stick a different turbo as the old one might be a bit tired and all the other parts im replacing will be fresh.Wheres best to get a turbo,downpipe,external wastegate etc deal?

Without sounding chavy it did sound good with the devil exhaust it had on and the dump valve(not sure what brand) but sounded a bit better with the scorpion.When the exhaust fell off one night in the middle it actually sounded good in my opinion because you could hear the r5 growl more:laugh:

Im not going for big power with this rebuild so wanting a good sound and to tidy the car up.sorry to go on i have used search but didnt find exactly the answer i want.Thanks,Luke

Brigsy
18-01-2010, 21:21
You wont be needing an external wastegate on your setup;)

Keep the std manifold & fit a side exit. For something a bit more subtle the old skool scorpion systems sound:cool:

LukeRobbo
18-01-2010, 21:30
I want an external wastegate to make it chatter like my mates starlet running similar power.I agree the scorpion sounds good but i look forward to hearing a side exit.Also whats the best way to set it up for poping flames out without running big power and fitting daft 30ft flamer kits? Now i am sounding like a chav:laugh:

J8TRO
18-01-2010, 21:39
I want an external wastegate to make it chatter like my mates starlet running similar power.I agree the scorpion sounds good but i look forward to hearing a side exit.Also whats the best way to set it up for poping flames out without running big power and fitting daft 30ft flamer kits? Now i am sounding like a chav:laugh:

You don't need an external wastegate to get decent chatter, just speak to Adam L about a decent turbo set up.

Junglist
18-01-2010, 21:40

the chatter noise on mine is well loud thats a standard turbo etc ,

Clio GTT
19-01-2010, 12:13
It's compressor stall, not wastegate chatter, all you really need is a large air filter and some boost

Bommer
19-01-2010, 19:40
the turbo side of things adam L m8 look him up on here he is a member

5alldaway
19-01-2010, 19:55
i like the sound from mine, all i needed was a tunnel but there wasnt one nearby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWW47LygKkk

set up- t28/t3, large downpipe, side exit, gas flowed head, 1 bar boost

Ricardo
19-01-2010, 20:07
Stock engine, Adam L T25, 18 psi, Green cotton air filter, 180bhp and ft/lbs. The Renault 19 Chamade that Mart and i converted from F7P to C1J :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpoSlvNMeyg

mike r5 gtt
19-01-2010, 21:08
Stock engine, Adam L T25, 18 psi, Green cotton air filter, 180bhp and ft/lbs. The Renault 19 Chamade that Mart and i converted from F7P to C1J :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpoSlvNMeyg

sounds wicked :goodJob:

firstchoicegary
21-01-2010, 20:51
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I HAD NO DUMP VALVE T2 HYBRID, ENLARGED TURBO ELBOW AND DONWPIPE AND 2.25 INCH POWER FLOW EXHAUST AND 4 INCH BACK BOX , U GET AMAZING CHATTER FROM TURBO WITHOUT D/V I THINK STILL WITH A SMALL WHISTLE NOISE, EXHAUST WASNT CHEAP BUT WELL WORTH IT I NEVER WENT ABOVE 160 -180 BHP AND NEVER BROKE DOWN RAN 14 SEC 1/4 MILE TO. .

GARY

firstchoicegary
21-01-2010, 21:03
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

if yo want quick acceleration t2 or t25 hybrid best i think but not had a five for years, come on boost at 13psi say at 2500rpm depends if you want big power any bigger turbos come on boost hard at 3500-4000 rpm but hit hard not gona sound much differeant unless things have changed since i had one