PDA

View Full Version : I/E keeps stopping.

Sy5GTT
18-01-2010, 16:16
We got a new laptop last year and internet explorer (8) keeps stopping. We get a box up saying checking for the problem but it never finds one. Also every now and then all the shortcuts on the desktop stop working. It say's "check the spelling". After turning off it's ok for a while. Any Ideas chaps?

All updates are up to date!

tonesGTT
18-01-2010, 17:34
This doesnt answer your question matey but, i switched to firefox about 2 years ago and havent once considered going back to IE. Maybe give it a whirl and see how that goes if you dont get any other ideas?

tiff_lee
21-01-2010, 19:21
Another vote here for firefox definitely or possibly even google chrome.

Just for reference IE8 is in the news this month due to claims of security flaws that are possibly related to the google problems in china, my advice is get rid of it.

If you like the IE8 interface I do believe there is an extension/mode for firefox so it will open 'IE tabs' and will operate like IE. However I never tried it myself as I hate IE.

Trevhib
21-01-2010, 19:37
Tabs are a basic feature of the latest version of Firefox as far as I know. I certainly have the functionality on mine. Couldn't do without it.

tiff_lee
21-01-2010, 19:42
Tabs are a basic feature of the latest version of Firefox as far as I know. I certainly have the functionality on mine. Couldn't do without it.
Yeah firefox introduced tabs then IE followed suit but the ones I was refering to was so firefox looks and behaves like IE8.

Basically IE8 asthetics but it is still firefox.

Jessop
21-01-2010, 21:48
FIREFOX.

That is all =]

Spooky
21-01-2010, 21:50
There is a massive security issue with IE at the moment. Unsure on details as it doesnt affect me LOL

Firefox FTW :agree:

tiff_lee
21-01-2010, 21:52
There is a massive security issue with IE at the moment. Unsure on details as it doesnt affect me LOL

Firefox FTW :agree:
Yeah thats what I was refering to both France and Germany have advised against using it.

Trevhib
22-01-2010, 12:11
Yeah firefox introduced tabs then IE followed suit but the ones I was refering to was so firefox looks and behaves like IE8.

Basically IE8 asthetics but it is still firefox.

Ah right :agree: