PDA

View Full Version : problem solved but no resolved

Smokey
16-01-2010, 16:28
My water leak that i had got worse and was begining to loose more water,i still did a pressure test thanks to Ricardo's advice and clearly the water was coming from the radiator.

Iv rang the garage and hes gona make some enquires about a new one or maybe getting it reconditioned.

Would i be best to just get a new one or are reconditioned ones ok.

Thanks

Ricardo
16-01-2010, 16:48
I won't take the credit ;) :D just tried to push you in the right direction in getting it done :) and it's proved it works. There's a company near me that repair rads, maybe look in the Yellow Pages for a company in your area. If you have the money buy new, failing that i'm sure there's someone out there with a decent enough 2nd hand rad you could buy. I bought a 2nd hand rad once for £30, it took an hour to remove old, fit new and refill the cooling system.... done :agree:

Sparkie
16-01-2010, 21:45
maybe just buy a new one from GSF.... there is one on spon lane....smethwick ;) or there is an ECP right opposite!

Smokey
19-01-2010, 08:07
cheers Sparkie i only live a 5 min drive from there and didnt even know that GSF exsisted. ECP are only selling the standard original one so i got the copper core one from GSF WITH £20 discount off, practically paid my membership off in one well worth joining the RTOC. Will av it fitted thursday.

Thanks mat.

Bigfoot
19-01-2010, 08:37
cheers Sparkie i only live a 5 min drive from there and didnt even know that GSF exsisted. ECP are only selling the standard original one so i got the copper core one from GSF WITH £20 discount off, practically paid my membership off in one well worth joining the RTOC. Will av it fitted thursday.

Thanks mat.

Saved £20 off a copper core rad :crap: should have gone with just a normal one as the copper core ones are known to have leaking issues after a while

Sparkie
19-01-2010, 09:21
just don't stress the top rad hose connection and you should be ok. the brazing can crack there if you try to wrestle the hose on and off. try twisting the hose first to remove. - use a bit of wd40 to put it on.

Smokey
19-01-2010, 13:03
wish id have known that the copper ones are prone to leak b4 i bought then i mite not have got one, wat are the life expectancy of these copper ones then.

Sparkie
19-01-2010, 13:09
what make is it?
ordonez or nissens?

Matt Cole
19-01-2010, 13:10
never had an issue with the copper rads, nor others i know that use them