15-01-2010, 20:30
13th June 2010 @ Rockingham

just had a txt from Mark Dow to confirm :agree:

D4WNO
15-01-2010, 20:42
Worst...show...ever

markey b
15-01-2010, 20:52
its the bollox, i've been to them all since lutterworth hall back in the day!

stu21t
15-01-2010, 21:12
Worst...show...ever

my thoughts exactly
ONLY reason to go is to catch up with people. and its a long way to go for that.
the 'show' is utter bollox.

markey b
15-01-2010, 21:19
that explains why i had more 5 gtt's on my stand that the RTOC had last year then :laugh:

Ricardo
15-01-2010, 21:23
I'd probably go if there's track time on the day

The new Bill J
16-01-2010, 16:17
my thoughts exactly
ONLY reason to go is to catch up with people. and its a long way to go for that.
the 'show' is utter bollox.

:agree:

clee
16-01-2010, 17:09
I'd probably go if there's track time on the day

You'll need to fit a cow catcher to the front to get through all the numbnuts out on track if last year was anything to go by :coffee:

Ricardo
16-01-2010, 17:50
You'll need to fit a cow catcher to the front to get through all the numbnuts out on track if last year was anything to go by :coffee:

Don't the attending clubs get their own allocated track time?

clee
16-01-2010, 18:10
There are a few slots for clubs but most of the time is allocated 20 min sessions .RTOC did not attend officially last year .I booked a block of 6 sessions split over the day and it was pot luck who was out there with you .
Some had obviously never been on track before and others were to bloody ignorant to care less if you wanted past ......
It also got very congested with all the roller skates three/four abreast towards the end of the day

Ricardo
16-01-2010, 18:24
There are a few slots for clubs but most of the time is allocated 20 min sessions .RTOC did not attend officially last year .I booked a block of 6 sessions split over the day and it was pot luck who was out there with you .
Some had obviously never been on track before and others were to bloody ignorant to care less if you wanted past ......
It also got very congested with all the roller skates three/four abreast towards the end of the day

Gawd :rolleyes: Wacky races spring to mind :wasntme:

Kenobi
16-01-2010, 18:54
French car show?

Why would this be bollox?

Didnt the RTOC share its national day with FCS in 2007?

The new Bill J
16-01-2010, 18:58
Didnt the RTOC share its national day with FCS in 2007?

Yes, and it must be a serious contender for the biggest FAIL in the history of the RTOC! :cry:

clee
16-01-2010, 19:05
Last years " Show " was more just a car park full of various tribes ..... There was very little there that I would call a show .
It took me about 5 mins to see all there was to see unless I wanted to look at the club stands ,and after you've seen one 07 plate clio you've seen them all .
There were a few traders and a couple of feature stands but that was it .

Spooky
16-01-2010, 19:05
FCS is alright.

I'll be going in my 172'd GTT :cooter:

Ricardo
16-01-2010, 19:11
FCS is alright.

Chop chop :cooter: :D

Spooky
16-01-2010, 19:21
Spoke to 'Big Jim Racing' aka James today, nice chap...need to crack the whip as I need to get the car to him for a bit of custom jiggery pokery :p

r5 rich
16-01-2010, 19:25
Spoke to 'Big Jim Racing' aka James today, nice chap...need to crack the whip as I need to get the car to him for a bit of custom jiggery pokery :p

he does some good work, and about 5 mins from me:)

Spooky
16-01-2010, 19:46
Yea, he mentioned where he was, I said I knew Mark had his manifold done by him and that he'd done a few downpipes for the club :)

His missus gave me a flyer and walked off around the floor...I went to see if they had a stand at the show so I could chat to him in person about what I plan to have done...so I stalked his wife and got her to phone him :wasntme:

Looking forward to him working his magic :smokin:

mr bean aka pete
16-01-2010, 23:44
i found the fcs was ok over the years but has gratually gone down hill over the last few years, as many of you say it has turned out as a car park full of clubs with the same old traders with little or nothing to sell, track time was poor and a scrabble to get places :sad2:

Os8472
18-01-2010, 00:58
I prefered it when it was at Brunters, just seemed a whole lot better than now.

I'll still be going though, just for the drinking session and antics the night before in the hotel :D

Hey Mark, do you remember the aids song from last year? :wasntme:

Ashy
18-01-2010, 10:49
Waste of time and money.

ollie j
18-01-2010, 22:32
that explains why i had more 5 gtt's on my stand that the RTOC had last year then :laugh:

lol true true, spent a while talking to os8472, all cars were tidy.

French car show is good. Its good to see what companies have come up with from year to year.

Kris M
18-01-2010, 23:30

I remember it well Clee ! :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-01-2010, 21:10
FCS is alright.

dream on...more like 2011.....:wasntme:...:cooter:..:wasntme:, fcs is ball cheese, was o.k. onece upon a time, track time is err. ok. but i think ill give it a miss this year....:(

pascal-GT
23-02-2010, 22:39
this year it there does not have camping, that to envisage you to it preceding day?
you come the morning, or you reserve another camping;)

pascal-GT
30-04-2010, 11:55
who will be present this year?:rolleyes:

Kenobi
30-04-2010, 18:14
:agree: Im hoping to be goin with Bass-J

benj88
30-04-2010, 19:12
Iv been to the last 2, it's ok a suppose, who is going this year? Is there guna be an rtoc stand?

Mintys 5 was good to watch it was eating everything on the track

Brigsy
30-04-2010, 19:41
Ill be giving it a miss this year as ill be sunning it up at lemans:D

minty83
07-05-2010, 23:43
Is the club having a stand this year , there offering rtoc stand passes?

Kenobi
08-05-2010, 09:35
I think Bass J has a stand with clubclio, Im hoping to go on that stand.

Nick k
08-05-2010, 10:00
Iv been to the last 2, it's ok a suppose, who is going this year? Is there guna be an rtoc stand?

Mintys 5 was good to watch it was eating everything on the track

Yea agreed :agree: On the main straight mintys car made everything else look like it was going backwards :D

I won't be attending this year either.

minty83
08-05-2010, 16:36
can anyone on the commity confirm we have a stand else il have to change the passes........

benj88
08-05-2010, 17:19
My mate on whose a member on cliosport said you can buy tickets for the "rtoc" so I'd imagine there is? I'm guna buy a ticket and just see what's happenin wen I get there

minty83
08-05-2010, 17:47
My mate on whose a member on cliosport said you can buy tickets for the "rtoc" so I'd imagine there is? I'm guna buy a ticket and just see what's happenin wen I get there
thats what i did last year but id rather find out first this time instead of being part of a piss poor turn out so i can make different arrangments.

Time for a list i think... whos going name and stand.
Minty-rtoc

Markd
09-05-2010, 14:27
French Car Show 13th June - A Month to go !

Only a month until the UK’s largest gathering of Renault, Peugeot and Citroen Cars.
Rockingham, Northants, NN17 5AF

There are about ten cars booked in stated RTOC in club field on the shop. Quite a few taking track time.

Tickets

£12.95 each with £2.50 P&P for your entire order (free self cling FCS 10 graphic)
£19.99 track access (down to £16.50 when booking 6) www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop

Live Arena (main and arena two)

This year we have the worlds No.1 stunt driver Terry Grant who is renowned for an awesome show. And when he isn’t performing you will find UKFMX in arena 2. The rest of the day the main arena pays host to the UK’s top tuners in our market showing their creations and products. All hosted by TV’s Danielle Christie.

Trade Area

This year loads of top names have booked up and are crammed into the trade area that wraps around the main arena which is all sandwiched between the clubs. We have 40+ top names booked in so look out for the list being published soon.

Circuit

UK’s fastest circuit Rockingham with 52,000 seater stadium, options from a snip at £16.50. FCS over the years has introduced over 10,000 drivers to the track. It’s up to you how hard you push yourself. Two hour track option with pit garage etc only £99.

Club Arena

If you are in a club and select your club from the pick list on the ticket page at www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop you will be get a club parking pass so your car is on display. Everyone is welcome and you don’t need a show car. It’s more of a social gathering.

Meguiars Top 25

This year we have three categories’ from standard, track to modified so EVERYONE can enter as all types are featured. It’s not all about big budgets and fibre glass!

Adrian Flux Lounge

Everyone is welcome into the awesome Flux indoor lounge for FREE, its crammed full of freebies and games with cash prizes on offer. You can grab an insurance quote when in there but no pressure.

Magazine Stand

Performance French Cars Magazine will have a stand with some previous feature cars. PFC Magazine Sub special can be ordered online at www.performancefrenchcars.co.uk for £9.99.

Links

Tickets are on sale until early June but don’t leave it too late – http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop
Have a look around the site – http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk

Best regards

Mark Dow
Event Director
French Car Show - http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk
Performance French Cars Magazine - http://www.performancefrenchcars.co.uk

benj88
10-05-2010, 01:53
Minty83-rtoc
benj88-rtoc

Big Steve - Raider
10-05-2010, 04:59
As far as i know theirs not an RTOC stand?? Their may be an RTOC parking area?

If their is I wont me manning it though as i'll be lying on a beach somewhere in turkey :D, sorry guys.

Markd
17-05-2010, 23:01
3 wks Sunday till FCS'10 - Tickets started going out today

TICKET PACKS ROLL OUT STARTED TODAY – FCS 2010

We are almost on the final straight, 3 weeks on Sunday until French Car Show 2010
at the prestigious Rockingham Motor Speedway in Northants.

- Ticket sales are up
- Trade bookings are up
- There is more track time available this year
- Live arena’s action packed all day
- F1 stunt driver Terry Grant
- UKFMX back flip stunt team
- Flux Retro lounge – no cost entry
- Europe’s fastest race track
- Complimentary copy of PFC Magazine
- Citroen DS3 / Peugeot RCZ / Renaultsport Range all on display
- Renault TV

** Please mention to your friends if they haven’t ordered yet **

Tickets are all being sent out as this email is going out. You should have your packs over
The next week.

http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop ticket shop still open

PFC Magazine Subscriptions from £9.99 - http://www.performancefrenchcars.co.uk (http://www.performancefrenchcars.co.uk/)

Regards
Mark
Show Director

phase i 16 v turbo
07-06-2010, 17:17
Tony (Fishead) and I are heading up and possibly JRP, Dave and Jon. Who is camping this year and does anyone have the details of the campsite. Last years camping / drinking sounded fun.

stu21t
07-06-2010, 17:38
mike, your alive. lol. ive sent you a couple of txts but no reply. nothin important, just owe you some money. lol

i havent ordered a ticket for this, can i get a stand pass?
im going to pay on the door, just incase something happens that means i cant make it lol.

but need a pass to get in. im not going to leave it in the car park lol.

any1 going up in the mornin?

Markd
07-06-2010, 17:55
all camping is happening at Billing Aquadrome and people are booking direct.

You will be able to get a stand pass from the ticket kiosk for people who have come last minute.

We have over 10 RTOC cars booked in.

Cheers
Mark
http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop

minty83
07-06-2010, 18:02
10 - 4 because the lack of interest shown from the rtoc and no show stand last year:disagree:

phase i 16 v turbo
07-06-2010, 18:22
mike, your alive. lol. ive sent you a couple of txts but no reply. nothin important, just owe you some money. lol

i havent ordered a ticket for this, can i get a stand pass?
im going to pay on the door, just incase something happens that means i cant make it lol.

but need a pass to get in. im not going to leave it in the car park lol.

any1 going up in the mornin?

Sorry Stu, had a death in the family so been a little quite all round, but getting back to speed.

stu21t
07-06-2010, 19:51
Well I feel like a complete **** now.
Couldn't have chosen a worse phrase could I.

Really sorry m8.

soapymech
07-06-2010, 23:35
going to this + 1

benj88
08-06-2010, 00:06
My mate whose a member on Clio-sport said the rtoc stand is next to their stand

phase i 16 v turbo
08-06-2010, 09:08
Well I feel like a complete **** now.
Couldn't have chosen a worse phrase could I.

Really sorry m8.

Not a problem. We all go through it. I am back answering calls etc now. Good to hear from you. Have you got that clutch sorted yet?

pascal-GT
08-06-2010, 11:46
we will be present of France with 8 gtt,1 205 gti,1 clio 182;)

we will be with the camping has northampton:)

Danboi2
09-06-2010, 16:00
Im going aswell

Bass J
09-06-2010, 17:14
as said before im going :D ...got my own stand for my site clubclio 22names down so 22cars confirmed :smokin: will make a point to come speak to some of you lot ;) Im sure i found Kris M last year and a few others last year :D hopefully this year my car will actually drive into the show :laugh::laugh:

stu21t
09-06-2010, 17:25
im not so sure if i am coming now.
1 of my charge coolers has decided to leak under pressure.

it has now started to pressurise the water side, and as the pressure/heat builds up it then dumps all its fluidout of the car.
i cant see the leak when it happens, and when i went to find it then next day it had fixed itself. lol meaning i couldnt find the leak.

i will go for another couple of test drives and might drop the boost to stop the leak for sunday.
otherwise i wont make it, and send the coolers off for repair.

Scoff
09-06-2010, 19:25
I feel quite honored, santa pod got in touch about this event and asked if I could present the car on their stand (or some stand related to SP anyway ?). I told them it was in bits while I upgraded and that it wasn't much of a looker anyway :laugh:

Nick k
13-06-2010, 00:38
Any one want a track session? My car's broke so isn't fit for the track :( i'll be there in the morning anyway so let me know...