PDA

View Full Version : I'm still alive

RichR
15-01-2010, 15:25
Just thought I'd pop on and make a quick posting to say hello to all the long term members. I'm still alive, still have two GT Turbos, and yes, am still doing up the house.

Sold the twin turbo Legacy and have bought a 1991 LWB 2.5TD Pajero.

Black GT Turbo is currently SORNed awaiting a new sill to be welded on. I've got the sill, but no welding equipment or skills. It's just a matter of finding the time to get a friend to come and do it.

Yellow GT Turbo is no nearer the road than it was 3 years ago. Needs at the very least a fuel pump and some work on the door hinge pins. Still, it was bought for parts off Rach H, so I can't complain. Both 5s are in the warm, dry double garage, as neither the Legacy nor Pajero fit!

I intend to dust off the 5s this spring and get the black one back on the road, and get the yellow one going. And I will be back on here contributing regularly as soon as I can. The site is blocked at work, so I have to be sneaky to get on during the day.

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-01-2010, 15:30
Well come back rich...:guitarhero:, good to see you have not changed, also to see you still have the 5`s...good man...get fixing....:D

tonesGTT
15-01-2010, 16:54
Well come back rich...:guitarhero:, good to see you have not changed, also to see you still have the 5`s...good man...get fixing....:D

:agree: get the spanners out :D :niceone:

Ricardo
15-01-2010, 16:57
It's good to see you're still about Rich, always helpful with plenty of R5 knowledge :agree: :)

J$£5GTT
15-01-2010, 19:47
nice one!!!

:)

D4WNO
15-01-2010, 19:58
Welcome back Rich. How has the house been going? :)

Matt Cole
15-01-2010, 21:32
Now then Rich. Been a long time good sir. You still got that 150 main jet in?!:D

RichR
16-01-2010, 12:56
Dawn - we have got heating this winter, which was just as well as it was rather cold last year without it. Coal boiler, none of that dangerous gas stuff :) All walls that needed it are now damp proofed, we have a new bathroom, utility room is done, kitchen, dining room and sitting room are done. Kirsty's working on the back porch today, and we should make a start on the living room and study next month. Then we'll make a start on the bedrooms in the summer. I'm getting quite handy with pipework now, having replaced both toilets, sinks and put in plumbing for the washing machine. It's just decorating in the remaining rooms though, no more plumbing, electrics, or brick/plasterwork. Hence I might have time to work on the cars this summer!

Matt- yes, but it's coming out this summer :)

stu21t
16-01-2010, 16:18
Just thought I'd pop on and make a quick posting to say hello to all the long term members. I'm still alive, still have two GT Turbos, and yes, am still doing up the house.

I intend to dust off the 5s this spring and get the black one back on the road, and get the yellow one going. And I will be back on here contributing regularly as soon as I can. The site is blocked at work, so I have to be sneaky to get on during the day.

SNAP lol
i dont post on here very much.
pop in now and then to see whats going on.
and i to still have 2 5s, doin up the house.... lol

and plan to get out a lot more in the cars this year.
lets hope theres some stuff to go to.

Trevhib
16-01-2010, 19:00
Hi Rich. This place is better when you're here bud. :agree:

Get cracking with the 5's :)

The new Bill J
16-01-2010, 19:12
Hello stranger - I'm still here! That's a good enough reason to stay away :laugh: