PDA

View Full Version : 14th - 17th - autosport show @ nec

Blick
14-01-2010, 12:55
does anyone know if joe bloggs can go in on the trade days?? think thats today and fri.... was thinkin about poppin up tommorow!!! main stuffs the wknd but can only really do fri :coffee:

Blick
14-01-2010, 13:31
just had a look on the site.... looks like you have to register as a trade customer. :cry:

Duncan Grier
18-01-2010, 20:12
:( sorry not been on for a while - had some spare for both days. Give us a shout next year if you need ;)

DG

Scoff
18-01-2010, 21:02
The setup they had with tickets this year was a bit rough arse. 15mins walking from the far north carpark to the entrance in -2°C because they had 1 bus to cater the whole site, only to find I then had to que (which I had no real problem with other than for me being told I then had to walk to the far end of the building to replace my perfectly viable colour pass with an identical copy printed on sticky back paper, which I did not need to stick to anything! It contradicted all of the instructions that came with the pass).

And then, the engineering section wasn't overly interesting, so I jibbed it off as a bad job and headed home.

Duncan Grier
18-01-2010, 21:19
You got a free cofffee - stop moaning :D

Was good to catch up ;)

Scoff
18-01-2010, 21:22
I did, and it seemed to last forever, no complaints here ;) I departed about 30mins after I left you sir.

clee
18-01-2010, 21:25
Didn't miss much then ?

Scoff
18-01-2010, 21:28
Didn't miss much then ?

other than our fabulous company, no :laugh:

well, I say no, what I mean to say is there wasn't a lot for me, or folk like me. I think a lot of the smaller traders were put off by costs this year, possbly not enough left in their budgets to attend and show. I don't know.

I had a good scout round the pistonheads section for you though.

clee
18-01-2010, 21:40
I sat down and thought about going ...it didn't add up financially even with the potential of a free coffee :laugh:
+ for the first time in about 6 months I'm really stacked out with real paying work that is on a tight deadline :agree:

Andrew Cooke
18-01-2010, 21:52
I thought it was a bit lame too, problem is that there are so many big shows around the world now

Blick
18-01-2010, 22:17
:( sorry not been on for a while - had some spare for both days. Give us a shout next year if you need ;)

DG

cool!! :agree: i left it abit late to post anyways.