PDA

View Full Version : R-spec prosport Duel digital Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Kit

HULK
13-01-2010, 21:12
Right guys and girls, I have been looking for a top quality wideband air/fuel kit for quite a while now, was going to go with the lm-1 but have decided i would just like a gauge that i can leave in and keep an eye on whats going on all the time, I could have gone with the lc-1 but after reading what happened with that on the previous wideband group buy i dont think i will bother :laugh:

Anyway i have spent many many hours looking around the internet looking for the best deal possible,on the best reviewed kits, at the cheapest possible price. There are some good deals in America and in Japan but after you put on shipping costs it gets expensive again so i needed to find somewhere in the uk :cool:

Right i have got in touch with a nice chap called David who runs R-spec Performance

Heres the product

http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=114&products_id=525

These cost £175.99 + £8.95 postage

this is a top piece of kit and includes everything you need

Heres the deal

He can do 5 units for £135 delievered to your door :eek:

or over 10 units for £130 delievered to your door :eek::eek: :D

I doubt you will find a better wideband kit for your money at this price :smokin:

please put your name down if you are interested, I`m hoping there will be as ive put a lot of effort getting this deal

will be looking at paying for these in Feb after everyone has been paid

I will start the list

1, HULK :)

Ross
13-01-2010, 21:23
when will these be ordered and need the money buy im interested though.

cheers

*edit i see payment in feb yes im interested cheers

HULK
13-01-2010, 21:27
Early feburary mate, after everyone has been paid at the end of Janurary i was thinking.

Preferably before valentines day, girlfriend will have to make do with some daffodils this year :laugh:

Mart
13-01-2010, 22:06
Not wishing to p1ss on anyone's chips, but just to simply highlight some more details to people, in that the LSU4.9 sensor is more diesel/lean-burn orientated, so sensor lifetime in a petrol turbo (ie, richer afr's) application may not be as good as the more 'common' LSU4.2 sensors.

If you're unlucky and the sensor does fail later down the line, you can't retro-fit the cheaper/readily available 4.2 sensors as their heating circuit/voltage is different, and given that the 4.9's are relatively new to the market, replacements are likely to be expensive and/or hard to come by.

There's also no data-logging option/analogue output(s) with that gauge, hence it's literally just a real-time read-only display.

As I say, I'm not trying to put a downer on the group buy, but it's only fair people have more notable details to hand before parting with the moolah.

HULK
13-01-2010, 22:30
Thanks Mart, i understand what it can and cant do, just want a simple wideband AFR that tell me whats going on during driving and does the job its supposed to.

reply from David at R-spec

Hi Jim,
This kit is only with the LSU4.9 sensor. We have not encountered any ongoing sensor problems and there are a fair few out there now. The only thing I would suggest is not fitting too close to the turbo as this will certainly shorten the sensors lifespan. The kit does not have data-logging and is a permanent real time gauge set up. The price of this kit is exceptionally good and it offers accurate and reliable AFR monitoring. The kits are complete with plugged looms and exhaust boss making installation easier. This price also includes 12 months warranty, which we offer on all our products.

Kind regards
David

Scoff
13-01-2010, 22:36
As mart says those 4.9 sensors are not what you'll find the pro's using. you get what you pay for in this world but that's an exceptional price, certainly well worth the money if you're on a budget.

Mart
13-01-2010, 22:36
No worries.

Just some people may not be aware of what it can/can't do, hence my post.

Matt Cole
13-01-2010, 23:43
I think its unfair to bash the LC-1 permenantly. I have one installed and its been faultless up to now. I think they did have issues but MAY have been resolved with the later batches. But as has been mentioned, data logging is a handy tool to have.

BluntyR5GTT
14-01-2010, 06:41
i would be defo interested in one of these for sure

raj
14-01-2010, 07:38
for a little more money you could get the AEM wideband gauge kit which is on offer here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambda-Wideband-AFR-Gauge-w-Bosch-Sensor_W0QQitemZ230404833355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a532c04b )

Ross
14-01-2010, 08:05
im gonna pull out of this one for now sorry.

cheers

HULK
14-01-2010, 09:45
for a little more money you could get the AEM wideband gauge kit which is on offer here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambda-Wideband-AFR-Gauge-w-Bosch-Sensor_W0QQitemZ230404833355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a532c04b )

which is £40 more and no better :dearme:

car.crash
14-01-2010, 10:25
My lc1 never skipped a beat and many others have had faultless ones too

matty j
17-09-2010, 09:03
this still availible?

Nayls
17-09-2010, 09:35
this still availible?

just get this mate http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?categoryID=89

i've not known of one going wrong! + has interchangable faces allowing it to fit in with whatever other gauges you have :)