PDA

View Full Version : petrol price

Adam 005
13-01-2010, 19:58
The petrol any my local station has gone up by a penney for the last three days in a row:(:(:(.i would think it's about the same for everyone. anyway that said it started me thinking what has happend to all the people that would protest and block fuel tankes over the price of fuel.I think it's high time we start doing thing like this again give the working man a voice again

Nayls
13-01-2010, 20:04
Us brits are all talk! we wont make a stand!!

We need to hire the french to do it :D

J$£5GTT
13-01-2010, 20:07
we all have a voice but is it ever heard.

mr white
13-01-2010, 20:24
nearly £1.15 at my local will be around £6 a gallon by the end of the year :crap:. its around $80 a barrel today lower than the sumer and prices are going up. geting the prices up ready to dump all those oil tankers oil sitting of the coast onto the stock market i bet.

clee
13-01-2010, 20:28
we all have a voice but is it ever heard.

ehhhh ?

robbie506
13-01-2010, 20:30
i paid 1.22.9 for diesel earlier.....

on the plus side i found 32 gallons of petol at the weekend must of fell off the back of a lorry on the roundabout scatterd in 5 gallon bottles. only have a reckin diesel though:cry:

Adam 005
13-01-2010, 21:01
Us brits are all talk! we wont make a stand!!

We need to hire the french to do it :D

very true mate.
what would happen to someone if they started petrol price revolution:confused:

Scottish9Turbo
13-01-2010, 23:34
1.07 here but no-one will bother to stand up this country has no backbone left thanks to the middle class majority of the country thinking "someone else will do it for me" and then when no-one does they sit at home moaning.

back to years ago with the truck blockades and protests, its the only way to go about it this country is raping us enough as it is!

robbie506
14-01-2010, 12:41
1.07 here but no-one will bother to stand up this country has no backbone left thanks to the middle class majority of the country thinking "someone else will do it for me" and then when no-one does they sit at home moaning.

back to years ago with the truck blockades and protests, its the only way to go about it this country is raping us enough as it is!

then why dont we as a club arrange something we will all have enough contacts to get something sorted and do it the old fashioned way. im sure alot of people are up for it. i certainley am

Adam 005
14-01-2010, 18:07
it might be worth thinking about we could get other clubs to help but what would we do.It's a trickey thing as you can't just start blocking petrol sataions and there depows as that would land you in it i would think.

All idears welcome though:agree::agree::agree:

robbie506
14-01-2010, 19:23
it might be worth thinking about we could get other clubs to help but what would we do.It's a trickey thing as you can't just start blocking petrol sataions and there depows as that would land you in it i would think.

All idears welcome though:agree::agree::agree:

The Human Rights Act

1998 was an important year for the development of our human rights; this is due to the completion and acceptance into our law of The Human Rights Act 1998. The included a specific right to engage in peaceful protest or ‘non-violent direct action’.

Essentially the Act means that the Government, or any public authority, cannot stop you from organising or taking part in a public protest, provided that the there is no harm to other people or property. This includes the person, group or thing you are protesting against, the Police or any rival protestors.

so as long as everything is made clear before the protest and we do nothing illegal we can do excatley the same as what was done a few years ago..
what about it rtoc or as alot of people would call us "boy racers" and "lady racers" of course doing something for the country and great advertising for the club.

robbie506
14-01-2010, 19:26
i dont think it would be to hard to get haulage companys to protest to.

modfather
14-01-2010, 19:28
im pretty sure if some1 put something on facebook it would get lots of attention

sphinX
14-01-2010, 19:35
I like this idea :)

soapymech
14-01-2010, 19:37
I like this idea :)
me too:smokin:

robbie506
14-01-2010, 19:40
well we need somebody to arrange it all round and people around the country to hold protest at the same time one bigg protest all over anybody up for running it and havin little area reps doin there bit. i can notify the goverment of where and when ect also know a couple of people in media to get it published 2 would take a little while to organise wouldent be till march if we do it properley. might but no guaranties be able to get a few quid for cost ect but dont hold me to it.

Adam 005
14-01-2010, 19:40
im pretty sure if some1 put something on facebook it would get lots of attention

Thats a good idea i think we would need to have some kind of idea of what we want to acheive and also an idea of what makes up the price of fuel and stuff like that.

modfather
14-01-2010, 20:05
i can can put some threads up on some sites ie renault5gtturbo.com southwestcruise pistonheads forsalefurum

mikey_r5gtt
14-01-2010, 20:43
The Price of Petrol

Where does the money you pay for a litre of petrol really go? Do you know what you are actually paying for?
If a litre of unleaded cost 108.9p, it would be split in the following way:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/images/petrol0909.jpg

And if it was diesel at a cost of 109.9p, it would split as follows:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/images/diesel0909.jpg

robbie506
14-01-2010, 20:43
i will take the lead if somebody is willing to help couldent do it on my own.

that would be great for the posts but we would need to get the dates first rearly or dont u think we would?

mikey_r5gtt
14-01-2010, 20:44
dont think the pics came up?

this link shows what goes where
http://www.petrolprices.com/price-of-petrol.html

robbie506
14-01-2010, 20:51
can anybody pm me any info if they were involved in the last protests or if you know where i need to start want this to be offical and big not just alot of 5s drivin at 30 along the m1 altough that would be such a cool site to see:eek:. anybody a haulage driver on here???

i know a ferw people have got business great contacts.

Adam 005
14-01-2010, 20:59
some info here about the last furl protests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_protests_in_the_United_Kingdom

modfather
14-01-2010, 21:07
we need to find where the targets are ie distributon depots

Adam 005
14-01-2010, 21:22
we need to find where the targets are ie distributon depots

thats been done before and not that sucessful.i think we need somthing that everyone can get behind.

Go slows and blocking forecourts just gets peoples backs up after a time and you can't block things for longenough to make an impact whuch leaves you with not much to play with.:cry::cry:

modfather
14-01-2010, 21:31
so what you thinking motorway go slow

Nayls
14-01-2010, 22:20
There's already a group on fb with over 100,000 members.

they have discussions on go slow protests etc.

join up & spread the word on other site's.

someone needs to do something though,just numbers joining a group aint gonna do **** on its own.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=search&gid=27539787637#/group.php?v=wall&ref=search&gid=27539787637

Tony Walker
14-01-2010, 23:04
Maybe we could all conveniently brake down in the petrol station entrances? the 5's reputation im sure it would be believeable. motorway go slow i thinks not so much a good idea. pisses everyone off but the people who could actually change things. maybe just go slow down there roads so they cant make it to work :) anyone got access to the road outside number 10?

Tony Walker
14-01-2010, 23:11
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/lowerfuel/ (http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/lowerfuel/)

We should all sign.

robbie506
15-01-2010, 09:14
anybody got any good ideas what we could call our fb group and what description we should put in it.

robbie506
15-01-2010, 09:44
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=267157518560

created this group this mornin please join and pass it on.

clee
15-01-2010, 10:18
I would suggest that you obtain the clubs permission before posting it's address on such a forum :agree:

modfather
15-01-2010, 10:19
ok ive put the link on renault5gtturbo.com southwestcruise and forsaleforum

Nayls
15-01-2010, 10:47
What's the point in making a new group when there's another group that i posetd doing the same thing? &!!!! they have loads of members already!

This ****s me off with fb,multiple groups of the same thing! surely it's better to have 1 group with everyone in it? rather than 25 groups with people spread across them?

clee
15-01-2010, 10:58
You would be far better served joining one of the established groups :agree:

J$£5GTT
15-01-2010, 14:31
The Price of Petrol

Where does the money you pay for a litre of petrol really go? Do you know what you are actually paying for?
If a litre of unleaded cost 108.9p, it would be split in the following way:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/images/petrol0909.jpg

And if it was diesel at a cost of 109.9p, it would split as follows:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/images/diesel0909.jpg

defence (i like that one !! :dearme:)
overseas aid
police an public order
government debt

theres lots of things.

so much tax is taken from us but the government arent really spending it very well are they...unless there is a war on of course...

robbie506
15-01-2010, 14:44
I would suggest that you obtain the clubs permission before posting it's address on such a forum :agree:

never mentioned rtoc on it.:agree:

clee
15-01-2010, 14:56
never mentioned rtoc on it.:agree:

Yes you have .
It's listed as the website contact .

D4WNO
15-01-2010, 17:51
I don't mean this in a rude way but there are a number of spelling and grammatical errors in the group description. This is not something RTOC want to be associated with, please do not assume that the whole club holds the same opinion as yourself. If you really wish to create a group (of which there are already several, perfectly good ones established), please do this of your own accord and provide your own personal details :)

Spooky
15-01-2010, 18:00
youve been told :tuttut:

Adam 005
15-01-2010, 20:07
I don't mean this in a rude way but there are a number of spelling and grammatical errors in the group description. This is not something RTOC want to be associated with, please do not assume that the whole club holds the same opinion as yourself. If you really wish to create a group (of which there are already several, perfectly good ones established), please do this of your own accord and provide your own personal details :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laug h::laugh:

Adam 005
15-01-2010, 20:18

maybe the rtoc committee club was closed:D:D:D

dave j gtt
15-01-2010, 22:10
The petrol any my local station has gone up by a penney for the last three days in a row:(:(:(.i would think it's about the same for everyone. anyway that said it started me thinking what has happend to all the people that would protest and block fuel tankes over the price of fuel.I think it's high time we start doing thing like this again give the working man a voice again

whats the point ..in it for the people who do try to make a difference, They are the people getting arrested and suffering furtherwith fine or jail for nout, for what???? its not them, but others get a bit cheaper petrol. as most of dont care about driving.

they care about local issues and everyday life and the fact petrol and the scam with the tax and price of it, Rules alot of things that people dont relise or care about untill they see it affect them, the affects are there for all to see, but people choose to look away and ignore, as a whole alot dont relise, that they and everyone together have to work together.

am a black sheep not a white on, i follow no one but myself. different days i feel and seen an talk different stuff without a care in the world.

nothing affects my life and life is a gift :scared: :D

J$£5GTT
15-01-2010, 22:12
whats the point ..in it for the people who do try to make a difference, They are the people getting arrested and suffering furtherwith fine or jail for nout, for what???? its not them, but others get a bit cheaper petrol. as most of dont care about driving.

they care about local issues and everyday life and the fact petrol and the scam with the tax and price of it, Rules alot of things that people dont relise or care about untill they see it affect them, the affects are there for all to see, but people choose to look away and ignore, as a whole alot dont relise, that they and everyone together have to work together.

am a black sheep not a white on, i follow no one but myself. different days i feel and seen an talk different stuff without a care in the world.

:D:p

dave j gtt
15-01-2010, 22:26
get a new group of muppets or should that be puppets, and run our country with power by numbers. everyone all in, and we have our rights and power back.

we people need to start what i name the :

The Peoples Honest and Transparent English Revolutionary Party

As i dont remember the last cool that got dename i fort of as people who i know or relate to just dont wish to get involved.

mr white
15-01-2010, 23:15
get a new group of muppets or should that be puppets, and run our country with power by numbers. everyone all in, and we have our rights and power back.

we people need to start what i name the :

The Peoples Honest and Transparent English Revolutionary Party

As i dont remember the last cool that got dename i fort of as people who i know or relate to just dont wish to get involved.

the people of this country will never have their rights or power back we have been surfs to our conquers since 43ad dont expect things to change:p

Scottish9Turbo
15-01-2010, 23:33
i'd do a go slow in my fiesta van no problem folks! it goes slower than an old person crossing the road anyways so im the lead vehicle for this!:laugh::coffee:

Adam 005
16-01-2010, 08:46
i'd do a go slow in my fiesta van no problem folks! it goes slower than an old person crossing the road anyways so im the lead vehicle for this!:laugh::coffee:

cool:D:D:D:Dmaybe we could use your van to carry supplys for the long term blockage of a road

Hoolio
16-01-2010, 11:48

Is it just me or is this total gibberish.

dave j gtt
16-01-2010, 13:09
:agree:

actiondanuk
18-01-2010, 17:51
Whats the lataest on this idea then??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Adam 005
18-01-2010, 18:21
Whats the lataest on this idea then??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

still waiting for a good idear.i think the aim is to let of steam about the prices