PDA

View Full Version : R5 Phase 2 tungy restoration

wolsty24
12-01-2010, 17:51
Hi all thought it was about time i started a project thread on my 5. Bought it in august 2008 from a guy in warrington and had to trailor it home as it was just a rolling ahell that in my oppinion had been stripped for bits. Paid £100 for it, sounds expensive for a shell i know but it did come with a full apex lowering kit and a full scorpion exhaust system. I plan for this to be a budget restoration not costing the earth as i dont have a lot of disposable cash, so plan to pick most bits up second hand and cheap. Ive always wanted a 5 and couldnt let this 1 go to the scrap, id prefer to save cars rather than break them.

http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/wolsty24/R5%20Project/?action=view&current=r5proj236.jpg

So far have replaced the red carpet as the old 1 was shagged, ripped the dash out as it was like a lump of swiss cheese, fitted a new ignition barrel as it came with 2 wired in ? Removed an old clifford alarm and all the wiring, as it didnt work. Fitted phase 1 1/4 cards and door cards, fitted back bench and front seats. There is a lot of welding required, mostly patches really as the sills and floor are solid, exept the boot floor which im gonna piece a new section in. Thanks to kenobi i now have an engine and standard t2, just waiting for the last of the engine mounts and new clutch to turn up and the engine and box can go in.:)