PDA

View Full Version : dashboard help?

w35ty
11-01-2010, 19:18
im am after a dash board for my 5 as im putting it all back together,

just wondered if there was any big differences between the campus and gt versions?
i know that the gt's have black on them but i am going to have the dash flocked anyways so it wouldnt really matter.

is the wiring the same? i will be getting center console and clocks seperate.

Markey Mark (BD)
11-01-2010, 19:21
The basic shell is the same, the gtt has some extra switch's on it which can be fitted to the campus dash easily, same as the clocks and centre console.
The wiring is different though, best using a gtt loom behind there.

modfather
11-01-2010, 19:35
The wiring is different though, best using a gtt loom behind there.[/quote]

sorry but i must say when i took my dash out to change the loom i found the only differance was a couple relays in the fuse box

Markey Mark (BD)
11-01-2010, 19:38
The wiring is different though, best using a gtt loom behind there.

sorry but i must say when i took my dash out to change the loom i found the only differance was a couple relays in the fuse box[/quote]

I'm sure last time i looked at a campus dash loom the wires in the plugs at the base of the door pillars were in different positions in the plugs and a few plugs (spot lights for example) weren't there.
It may have just been the model i looked at was different and they changed it later on, best thing is to compare them then

w35ty
11-01-2010, 19:38
thanks for that.. would i be best off just getting a gt one? or campus one and changing the loom for gt? as i was going to get a campus donor for other bits and bobs i need also and would work out cheaper..

modfather
11-01-2010, 19:46
i got what was a gts all that i needed was couple relays, petrol pump wiring, electric motor looms in the doors

w35ty
11-01-2010, 19:51
oo i see well i have got to get the window motors and wiring anyways, relays aint a problem to get.. and the wiring to the fuel pump is alredy in my car i think? just havent got the one that goes behind dash and fuse box etc..

modfather
11-01-2010, 20:05
oo i see well i have got to get the window motors and wiring anyways, relays aint a problem to get.. and the wiring to the fuel pump is alredy in my car i think? just havent got the one that goes behind dash and fuse box etc..

so would you need the main loom then

w35ty
11-01-2010, 20:07
yeye the main loom is what i need which goes behind dash and that, il be ok using the campus one? jus have to sort them few relays out and add the window looms up to it?

modfather
11-01-2010, 20:10
thats all i did in the end saved me taking it all out putting another 1 in mine seems to be working fine

w35ty
11-01-2010, 20:20
sorted mate! thanks for the info..
looks like im out on the hunt for a cheap campus donor!

Ricardo
11-01-2010, 20:29
The Campus dash is all plastic and doesn't have the black section like the GT dash. IIRC the Campus dash is more grainy, a different texture/feel on the plastic. I had the pleasure of owning a Campus once! :D

w35ty
11-01-2010, 20:40
yeah i would get the gt one if i was going to keep it looking standard.. going to get the lot flocked though so wont be able to tell once its done..

and gonna use few other bits off campus rubbers etc.. so ineed of a cheap one!

phase i 16 v turbo
11-01-2010, 20:42
sorry but i must say when i took my dash out to change the loom i found the only differance was a couple relays in the fuse box

I'm sure last time i looked at a campus dash loom the wires in the plugs at the base of the door pillars were in different positions in the plugs and a few plugs (spot lights for example) weren't there.
It may have just been the model i looked at was different and they changed it later on, best thing is to compare them then[/quote]

Correct same, as when I did the van conversion, some of the pins need moving.

Ricardo
11-01-2010, 20:45
yeah i would get the gt one if i was going to keep it looking standard.. going to get the lot flocked though so wont be able to tell once its done..

:agree: :)

w35ty
11-01-2010, 21:08
Correct same, as when I did the van conversion, some of the pins need moving.[/quote]

so just have to move few of the pins around in the plug? colours of wires stil match up?