PDA

View Full Version : no power to fuel pump maybe wire problem?

mightymanx
10-01-2010, 17:46
follow on from my previous post my 5s getting no fuel replaced the relay and took the pump off and pu it straight to battery thats fine so today
put the tester on the relay and theres power there also put the tester on the pump but no powers getting to the pump
had a look in the green renault manual and i can find the fuel pump in the wireing diagram
so sounds like a broke wire to me so how do i go about finding this?
what coulor wires go from the fuel pump and were do they go so i can find the problem all help gratefully received :)

Kris M
10-01-2010, 17:57
From memory, the fuel pump loom goes from the relay under the glovebox, up behind the dash and down to one of the 3 big block connecters behind the drivers side kick panel, from there it runs along behind the kick panel (O/S) untill it goes through a rubber gromet thing in the floor where the wires then go to the pump itself:)

mightymanx
10-01-2010, 18:10
sounds fun lol so is it worth checking the connectors in the kick pannel sounds like a dumb question but weres the kick pannel?

markey b
10-01-2010, 18:30
i had a similar problem, the fuel pump feed is a green wire in the corner of the drivers side rear footwell where it goes throught the grommet under the car.. even powering that wouldn't make my pump work. had intermittant fuel pump issues, finally fixed it with a better earth on the battery!

mightymanx
10-01-2010, 19:19
i had a similar problem, the fuel pump feed is a green wire in the corner of the drivers side rear footwell where it goes throught the grommet under the car.. even powering that wouldn't make my pump work. had intermittant fuel pump issues, finally fixed it with a better earth on the battery!

so to find the wire the goes through the floor do i take the rear seats out and lift the carpet?

Junglist
10-01-2010, 19:34
Doesnt the relay have a permenant live ?, you will have power there anyway if it does.
If the tdc sensor and aie etc arnt sending the right signals to the relay the pump wont be getting power,,
Before you get the wires out check all your plugs / wires on the aie and tdc sensor are all in properly. also king lead , you probaly have done this allready but hey just in case.:) , Dan

hope this helps , good luck
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=8478

markey b
10-01-2010, 20:25
so to find the wire the goes through the floor do i take the rear seats out and lift the carpet?

yes indeed, i'd probably follows the others advice tho 1st, i only know from mine going wrong and it could be a different fault. i had power at relay, but not at pump

mightymanx
11-01-2010, 00:10
Doesnt the relay have a permenant live ?, you will have power there anyway if it does.
If the tdc sensor and aie etc arnt sending the right signals to the relay the pump wont be getting power,,
Before you get the wires out check all your plugs / wires on the aie and tdc sensor are all in properly. also king lead , you probaly have done this allready but hey just in case.:) , Dan

hope this helps , good luck
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=8478

hi thanx for advice i have checkied all the plugs into the ecu and all connections are fine i seem to have power at relay but nothing at pump i do have spark tho
i will clean all my earth wires and see what that does and let u no

Tony Walker
11-01-2010, 00:20
I think the engine has to be cranking/turning for the fuel pump to work. not used my 5 for awhile so cant completely confirm this, but the general idea is if the engine stops (in an accident for example) then the fuel supply stops. check you have a good feed to the fuel pump side of the relay, then while cranking check for a feed at the trigger side of the relay.

mightymanx
11-01-2010, 00:38
I think the engine has to be cranking/turning for the fuel pump to work. not used my 5 for awhile so cant completely confirm this, but the general idea is if the engine stops (in an accident for example) then the fuel supply stops. check you have a good feed to the fuel pump side of the relay, then while cranking check for a feed at the trigger side of the relay.

o rite i was checking for power with just my ignition lights on will recheck when engine is turning over have tried to bride relay tho but still no fuel
so wich wires do i need to check while turning the engine over?