PDA

View Full Version : My cars been hit

Chris Hebden
04-01-2010, 17:33
A lady reversed into my car today :cry:!

She hit the door, put a huge dent in hit, possibly damaged the sill and sill cover!! Havent had a good look at it!

How do insurance companies deal with claims? Do they have to fit genuine parts? Are the doors and window regulaters etc etc availible from Renault?

Cheers Chris

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-01-2010, 17:37
Insurance companies normally want get new parts, but you are within your rights to state on X garage can work on the car & ask them to treat with extra care & maybe use 2nd hand parts if required...

Spooky
04-01-2010, 17:39
I would imagine the car would be inspected first and then the parts checked for availability etc before a quote is given for repair.

With the prices of some parts and the costs to repair, you may well get that baby written off which could be a good thing...get an insurance pay out...keep the car...get it repaired with oe parts with the payout :D

Chris Hebden
04-01-2010, 17:58
It is being inspected at some point! When my insurance company have spoken to my broker to set up the claim :crap: (i cant work that one out!!)

Cheers for the info Penfold, i will have a chat to the engineer when they come to look at the vehicle and see what they suggest. I dont want it written off if i can help it and have to go through the hassle of buying it back!

J$£5GTT
04-01-2010, 18:42
long as the pillar is ok an floor pan.

:coffee:

mr bean aka pete
04-01-2010, 21:36
arhhh what a ****ter chris :( hope the claim doesnt write the car off :sad2: as i no how expensive these little pocket rockets can be well if you fancy selling :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-01-2010, 21:42
arhhh what a ****ter chris :( hope the claim doesnt write the car off :sad2: as i no how expensive these little pocket rockets can be

:agree: with pete, sorry to hear chris, hope it pans out buddy....:cry:

phase i 16 v turbo
04-01-2010, 21:57
Sorry to hear this. I have done qoutes for people before on suppling OE parts, but Renaut prices have increased his week and Vat has gone back.

Good luck!

Chris Hebden
05-01-2010, 09:04
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I will try and make sure that the car isnt written off, we shall see if a nice cuppa for the engineer will go far ;)

LampsR5
05-01-2010, 10:33
and mine! black ice, went into the back of my bros 5 :S cracked front bumper and damaged lights, but because it needs a new door im just reshelling mine now.

Chris Hebden
05-01-2010, 13:27
and mine! black ice, went into the back of my bros 5 :S cracked front bumper and damaged lights, but because it needs a new door im just reshelling mine now.

:cry:sorry to hear matey!!!

Well after speaking to 3 different companies, each dealing with its own little bit of my claim :denied:, i am no nearer to arranging for a hire car as it sounds as if my door is about too blow off!!!

J$£5GTT
05-01-2010, 17:48
dont let them take the car away chris,make sure the engineer comes to you to view the car.

:)