PDA

View Full Version : poly windows

w35ty
04-01-2010, 13:33
was thinking of buying a set for my 5 as its time to put it all back together after fresh paint job..

just wondered if anyone had any pics of how they fit? and if they look anygood?

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-01-2010, 18:00
Nath , do you use your car for track, hillclimb ,sprint etc?, if not id steer clear , they arent the easiest to fit, security is not brilliant if you install a hatch and youll sweat like a pig on a hot day if you dont got to the hassle of fitting them to the runners..:laugh:, as for looking o.k...:scratch:, pass..you can buy bronze tinted ones for that 70`s retro look...:laugh:....:D

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-01-2010, 18:11
I have them on the cup car, thank f*ck its only a track car and not a road legal car... not the best of fit... to wind the front window's up you have to "use the force" & as jesus pointed out not the safest windows if u plan on parking ur car in public..

w35ty
06-01-2010, 17:39
thanks for the advice guys.. looks like there a no go then as car will be on the drive so would have to watch people and like you say i dont wanna be sweating my nackers off in the summer..

nice one for that :agree:

Clio GTT
06-01-2010, 18:01
thanks for the advice guys.. looks like there a no go then as car will be on the drive so would have to watch people and like you say i dont wanna be sweating my nackers off in the summer..

nice one for that :agree:

For the weight saving you may aswell just lose a few pounds or have a ****

Plus they scratch like bollocks over time and look opaque

T.K
06-01-2010, 18:20
Depends on the plastic used. You can cut back the scratching with the right polishing compounds too.