PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone contracts, internet use

djinuk
04-01-2010, 07:45
ok heres the deal, i need a phone thats **** hot on the internet, my boss is moving behind me at work which means i need to be able to get on rtoc , msn etc via my mobile instead.

I dont talk much on phone so minuites isnt a problem.

Orange and o2 are best looking providers for me, IVe been looking at deals with the blackbery curve 8520 , the htc touch 2, and the nokia e71 i think it is..

Any comments,

TrixNFlix
04-01-2010, 08:25
iPhone on 02. Had it over a year and it's the best thing I've ever bought. Whenever you see me on this forum, 9 out of 10 times I will be accessing it from my phone. :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
04-01-2010, 08:32
Yeah i'd tend to agree, Blackberry's aren't really the best thing at viewing the RTOC with, i'd know! :D

Hoolio
04-01-2010, 10:11
Which blackberry do you have Steve? The storm is better than some as it has a larger screen though I would have gone for an I phone if O2 wasn't usless around here. About twenty five a month with Vodafone.

djinuk
04-01-2010, 10:22
iphone contracts seem to be massivley expensive though, ideally id need unlimited texts and internet at a minimum.

Big Steve - Raider
04-01-2010, 10:39
Which blackberry do you have Steve? The storm is better than some as it has a larger screen though I would have gone for an I phone if O2 wasn't usless around here. About twenty five a month with Vodafone.

I've got a Blackberry Curve 8900 (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrycurve8900/) and you can access the RTOC on the phone & get onto RTOC Live but it's a bit cumbersome becasue it doesn't have multi window browsing so when you make a post you have to either re-load the RTOC or keep clicking back thru the post to get back to the page you want to look at next? :crap:

Hoolio
04-01-2010, 10:49
Know what you mean, I just click on boards up the top. But yes it would be nice to open different things and swop between them without reopening.

TrixNFlix
04-01-2010, 11:12
I can open upto 8 windows. :cooter:

On a serious note, the iPhone is the best and most intergrated phone I have ever used. The stuff you can do on it is frightening. Damian I didn't think the price of contracts was to bad, think I'm paying £35.

djinuk
04-01-2010, 11:18
any idea what you get at that price ?

TrixNFlix
04-01-2010, 11:20
I think it's 500 minutes, 600 texts, so you would struggle with the texts! :p

djinuk
04-01-2010, 11:26
ahh pap.. hmm, id probably be ok with the texts to be fair :P

TrixNFlix
04-01-2010, 11:30
Sorry damian wrong way round, 600 min , 500 texts.

djinuk
04-01-2010, 11:36
hmm ill look into it.. what it like to actually txt on.. im a bit worried about touchscreen only keypads like.

Chris Hebden
04-01-2010, 12:13
I have a Blackberry 8900 Curve and dont rate it at all! Get the Iphone or the Nokia N71 i think it is, i am with o2 and pay £5 a month on top of normal line rental for all net surfing which i do alot of from my phone.

djinuk
04-01-2010, 12:16
hmm think im going to nip into the o2 phone shop..

thing i notice about blackberrys is they are quite sly about tehre deals and offer the email and internet package completly seperate as blackberry seem to use there own servers.

BriC
04-01-2010, 12:22
Don't be worried about touchscreens - they're good.. especially on the iphone. Also, I'd recommend a touchscreen if you want to do a lot of internet browsing - it's a right pain in the arse trying to use the joypad thing to select stuff on pages. Well, it is on my Nokia N96.

I think I'll be getting an Iphone or one of these Android phones next, but definitely not another Nokia

djinuk
04-01-2010, 12:27
android phone ? whats that.. i like the sound of it.. I have a friend that works at o2, i wonder if he could sort me a deal out on an iphone.. hmm

BriC
04-01-2010, 12:37
android phone ? whats that.. i like the sound of it.. I have a friend that works at o2, i wonder if he could sort me a deal out on an iphone.. hmm

Android is a new operating system made by Google and run on other phones.. couple of examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Hero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Milestone

It is basically aiming to be a serious iphone contender. They all have touchscreens (I think.. or the majority do anyway) and an app store, and many other iphone-esque features plus more..

Whether they do it as well, or as smoothly as the iphone is another argument, but they are supposed to be good.

Trevhib
04-01-2010, 13:52
Once the iphone has a flash/light (for the cam), half decent video capture resolution, internet flash/vid playing capabilities and twice the battery life, it will be absolutely bloomin' brilliant.

At the moment the HTC Hero and/or HTC HD2 look like the only/closest contenders for the iphone's top spot.

dangerous dave
04-01-2010, 16:53
the iphone might be a hyped up ponse phone but i love mine, and most people i know that mugged it off for other phones have joined the iphone following in the end..

first one was bashed about and died after 8 months, so i bought another outright for £540:scared: thats still mint after a further 8 months... got a zapp full film cover, looks shat but under it the phones perfect:cool:

contracts up now and guess what i'll be getting, might wait till the new models out as i think it may be released on another network..

gtmatt
04-01-2010, 17:50
H T C phone is the one or the iPhone best 2 phones IMO I'm using a 3g iPhone had it 12months sweet as

TNT Tricky Nicky
04-01-2010, 18:13
If you can hold out a few weeks i think you'd be able to get the iPhone with a better deal as orange and vodafone are now aloud to sell them so I think it'll spark a pricing war, they'll all offer unlimited Internet access so it'll give you more choice. I'd recommend the iPhone over the blackberrys as that's what I swapped over from. Couldn't comment on the offer options other than to say nokia would probably be the simplest to navagate as that's one of their main selling points

royz
04-01-2010, 19:01
hmm ill look into it.. what it like to actually txt on.. im a bit worried about touchscreen only keypads like.

texting is easy on the i phone it puts the conversations in bubbles so youhave the conversation on screen.

Spooky
04-01-2010, 19:12
I've got an iPhone hacked on Vodafone...really good phone brought mine outright too, would recommend Blackberry too.