PDA

View Full Version : Accelarator pump

LYNCHSTAR
02-01-2010, 20:43
What does the accelerator pump do does it need to be plumbed in. I've seen on some carbs were it's left open and it's blocked of at top of carb were standard boost gauge goes. Can it effect the performance in any way.

Markey Mark (BD)
02-01-2010, 20:54
The acc pump jet is inside the carb not on the outside, it give a shot of fuel when you open the throttle. When you look down the carb its the brass nozzle that points down the venturi, it should spray a nice quick stream of fuel when you press the throttle.

LYNCHSTAR
02-01-2010, 21:05
The acc pump jet is inside the carb not on the outside, it give a shot of fuel when you open the throttle. When you look down the carb its the brass nozzle that points down the venturi, it should spray a nice quick stream of fuel when you press the throttle.

What's the bit on the side of the carb do. I thought that was the accelerator pump. I've seen the nozzle inside the carb. Just curious about the other bit.

Markey Mark (BD)
02-01-2010, 21:08
Thats the vacumm pipe for the diaphram just under that plate, i've not run a pipe there for years, not a problem doing that