PDA

View Full Version : carb/choke

Smokey
31-12-2009, 15:00
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

does anyone know the exact size to the screw that keeps in place the clip on the back of the carb which your choke cable is connected.

as mine as fell off and if the clip isn't connected on the carb properly the choke wont work.

Thanks

Smokey
01-01-2010, 12:19
i take that as no then, not to wory im having it set up on the rolling road soon and hopefully they sort it there.

James5
01-01-2010, 12:37
Might be worth just putting a slightly small nut and bolt on for a temp repair to keep it in place. I am sure Mike aka Phase 1 16v turbo has prob got spare carbs with the screw on wether he will split is another thing

Smokey
01-01-2010, 12:49
cheers james finally a reply with some advice, i dont think it would be possible for a nut and bolt it looks to be just a screw that holds the clip in place against the carb keeping it in line for the choke to do its job. Just wondered if anyone new the exact size of this then i could just replace it.

Thanks

TrixNFlix
01-01-2010, 12:56
Are we talking about the screw that holds the choke bracket onto carb? Or are their different varients of the choke assembly?

Smokey
01-01-2010, 13:16
im talking about the clip on the back of the carb which ur choke cable is connected to so wen you move you choke up and down it pulls this clip forwards and backwards, the clip fits over a whole on the back of the and should have a screw in place holding it to the carb kepping it all in line.

I have no screw and the choke isnt working unless i manually hold the clip flush against the carb.

Do you no wat screw i need to get as a replacement.

Thnaks

TrixNFlix
01-01-2010, 13:33
Any chance of putting a picture up.

Smokey
01-01-2010, 13:50
theres a picture in my profile in the album of my car i didnt no how to poste it on here.

its in the centre of the picture a gold screw.

Thanks

TrixNFlix
01-01-2010, 14:02
Ah so you mean the big hexagonal screw holding the choke spindle and bracket onto the carb?

Smokey
01-01-2010, 14:05
ye summet like that but i dont know wat was on mine originally, wats on urs because that isnt my carb its just one of the net. Mine is just standard carb i think as it was on the car wen i got it.

Thanks

michael tierney
01-01-2010, 14:30
M5 x 0.8 the one that screws upwards into the carb top....b&q