PDA

View Full Version : rear strut brace

jonnyshaw49
30-12-2009, 12:19
hi just recieved my rear strut brace, is there a certain place in the boot it should be fit, that works best for handling, do i just drill through the rear inner arch and use bolts and locking nuts or is there a certain grade/strength of nuts and bolts to use??

TNT Tricky Nicky
30-12-2009, 12:55
I doubt you'll see any benifit from fitting it other than cosmetic so where ever it fits best and no special nuts and bolts needed

J$£5GTT
30-12-2009, 14:33
maybe not any real benefit,apart from slinging some harnesses around it.
and if i was to fit one id make up a plate same as brace fixing mount an stick that
on other side of arch.
:cool:

jonnyshaw49
30-12-2009, 15:12
yeh i mite do that but if the rear strut brace doesnt do much it wont have stress on it will it, so the bolts will be ok tightening upto body instead of putting a plate on inner arch

J$£5GTT
30-12-2009, 15:19
yeh i mite do that but if the rear strut brace doesnt do much it wont have stress on it will it, so the bolts will be ok tightening upto body instead of putting a plate on inner arch

there be fine just bolted for show,but may need the plate to make it more secure for harnesses...spot welds..??? up to yourself isnt it.

TNT Tricky Nicky
30-12-2009, 16:45
i'd seriously concider finding somewhere else to fix your harnesses to, like a harness bar welded into a roll cage or the original fixing points, even if that does open a can of worms, i'd prefer that to something that would follow me through the windscreen.

maybe an idea to throw a couple of large washers on or a spreader plate on but shouldn't need it