PDA

View Full Version : RTOC Dancing on Ice- 2 Jan @ Croft

Blot
29-12-2009, 17:53
Car Numbers 86 (Alastair) & 88 (me & Mrs Blot) will be sliding all over Croft at the Xmas Stages Rally on Saturday

It may be a bit cold, it may be a bit slippy and spectators cars will get stuck in the field but it might just clear those new year cobwebs for those daft enough to venture out

Currently 3" of snow covering circuit with added ice, forecast for more snow and more ice

http://www.northallerton-ac.co.uk/xmas/html/entries.html

Come and say hellooo and help push us into/out of the service area if you get the urge :ho:

jesus in the seat of a 5
29-12-2009, 18:04
Good luck the both of you...glad my ole janky set up got old Al` there, wish him all my best..give um hell boys....:ho:

Blot
30-12-2009, 19:05
Rumour has it Paul Bird is competing in a few rounds of the WRC this season, reckon he'll find Loeb & Solberg easy prey after fighting with the R5's this Saturday :D

Jessop
31-12-2009, 00:47
a lad i know is racing car #77 there - pug 205 with some new tweaks for the race.. he's testing tomorrow i believe.

Good luck!

Blot
02-01-2010, 22:05
Dancing on ice didn't describe the 1st 2 stages, Torville and Dean wouldn't have got round without falling over :eek:

Alistair's car looked the biz & there were murmurs of boost being turned up on stage 3 when some grip was briefly available down the back of the circuit, after 3 stages there was only 4 seconds between us, which made it a real shame the weather got the better of Ali's rear brakes, which froze on during stage 4 resulting in a few extra circular motions and sadly a retirement :cry: He still left with a big grin on his fizzgog though and no damage to man or machine and there were a fair few cameras clicking away at the site of 2 R5's on the xmas stages :agree:

Tweetie behaved impeccably all day, 3 strong 'taps' on the front end from moments with big hay bales, briefly stuck in a tyre barrier in the arnco and a final stage landing on a snow bank, which cost us a 3rd in class trophy, left tweetie a bit cracked here and there, but still drove her home ok after a stonking days fun. Bit of duct tape on side skirt and front bumper should be ok for the Jack Frost rally again at Croft in 2 weeks time :ho:

We are now on the look out for a good tarmac rally somewhere in between 'oop north' and lands end to recommence battle :)

Alastair
02-01-2010, 22:39
Lol was a great day out thanks to all those who helped, especially Jesus for the loan of Shane And the trailer, and Boris ;)

Glad to hear you made it through Blot, can't wait for the next one for a reet good blast! Am it was stage 4 we binned out, I lost count after the big spin and a few ciders!
If you got any good pics let me know!

Let's hope ice skates are not required next year!

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-01-2010, 11:15
well done Al,good going both of you , cant wait to see some footage or pics, shame it was so freezing...:laugh:,no rush on the trailer etc , glad it was a help buddy..:D, next trip for that ole girl is brands...:), see ya soon Al.

Blot
04-01-2010, 20:29
Couple of vids show just how bleedin wintery it was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3RzvDvXD0

Prpoer snow in the afternoon :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqe6yXYngpo

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-01-2010, 21:40
excellent stuff..drive wherever the snow takes you....:laugh:, wish i were there chaps...:D