PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help

Smokey
28-12-2009, 12:30
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

santa bought me a 2.5" turbo down pipe an i want get it fitted, do i also need a 2.5" elbow because i can't seem to find one.
The original downpipe has a fitting screwed into it with a wire going into the car, is this for the boost meter as this is the only meter gauge i have fitted in the car and have been told that fittings attached to the down pipe are usually for afr meters.
This would mean my downpipe would need modifying.

Can anyone shed some light thanks.

Ryan p
28-12-2009, 12:53
the down pipe will join to the elbow with out any problem bt may have problems if you havnt got a full 2.5 exhaust. sound like its had an afr guage in at some point. may just be worth removing it with the old down pipe if u dont have the guage. were bouts are u in the midlands then?

BluntyR5GTT
28-12-2009, 13:33
pretty sure it just requires an adapter of some sort if the rest of the system is not 2.5"

but as said it should just be a straight fit

Smokey
29-12-2009, 11:40

well iv got a 2/5" side exit so it sounds just a straight fit to me but i wudn't want to do the job without supervision and knowledge. (wink wink)
where about on the engine is the boost conected because thats what i thort it was but was told it was an afr meter.

I live not too far away from The Mighty West Bromwich Albion ground how about ur self.

Thanks

Smokey
29-12-2009, 11:44

my bad ryan... only just noticed you live in dudley well thats just down the road from me i live just outside of oldbury towards smethwick is wer i am.. may be we shud meet up some time for a chat an advise for me and my car as u seem more knowledgable than me with 3 different 5's.