PDA

View Full Version : how about a history section?

markey b
23-12-2009, 21:03
as above, how about a members only forum, where you can post up a reg without fear of it being in a public forum, then people can add bits and bobs they know about that vehicle, would be cool because my raider for one came with rtoc stickers on it so thats been in the club before me and would be interesting to trace a cars history thru rtoc

hope that makes sense :cooter:

Sparkie
24-12-2009, 08:43
:coffee:

http://www.r5gordini.co.uk/wiki/Category:Super_5_Register

markey b
24-12-2009, 09:00
yep something like that, but with a list of who's owned it etc

rs250nut
24-12-2009, 12:31
I would love to know the history of my raider and my first five which had a rtoc window sticker F55 GUE phase two red.:)

phase i 16 v turbo
24-12-2009, 12:36
This is a good idea, but could also turn someones world upside down, if they found out their pride and joy was a salvage repair. There is a Series 1 and RS500 database on Passionford and has gone down well.

markey b
24-12-2009, 15:43
could also turn someones world upside down, if they found out their pride and joy was a salvage repair.

i'd rather know than not know i guess

come on mods, database!!

Kris M
24-12-2009, 17:17
You can get all the history of your car from the DVLA for the sum of £5. A list of all owners, when they bought and sold it. Where it was purchased brand new, etc etc

tonesGTT
27-12-2009, 10:02
You can get all the history of your car from the DVLA for the sum of £5. A list of all owners, when they bought and sold it. Where it was purchased brand new, etc etc

Sounds useful mate. Even where it was bought new?

Mr Raider
27-12-2009, 22:26
Yeah, should include the forms when it was first registered/taxed etc, got this for my raider, got about 20 pages for around £6:ho:

jonnyshaw49
28-12-2009, 00:44
have you any more details on how to get the info from dvla? do you ring them or can it be done online??

tonesGTT
28-12-2009, 10:03
have you any more details on how to get the info from dvla? do you ring them or can it be done online??

http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/onlineforms.aspx

V888. Fill it in giving a reason why you want info and enclose a cheque for a fiver and post. (cheers to Krissy M ;))

Kris M
28-12-2009, 10:05
No problems :)

jonnyshaw49
13-01-2010, 19:57
what is the good reason for wanting the info?? dont want to get rejected, thanks for the form

tonesGTT
13-01-2010, 21:24
what is the good reason for wanting the info?? dont want to get rejected, thanks for the form

just say your putting a folder of the cars history together to use at motor shows etc

im yet to get a response myself from the DVLA but no doubt this is down to weather/time of year. Kris M got his info ok using this reason :)

markey b
14-01-2010, 01:40
that wont give you the info that a previous owner or someone who knows the car could give... my ex's 5 for example, H335HRK, owned by a fair few members, and still in the club

tonesGTT
14-01-2010, 17:37
that wont give you the info that a previous owner or someone who knows the car could give... my ex's 5 for example, H335HRK, owned by a fair few members, and still in the club

The DVLA thing was not an answer to your suggestion bud - just a way of getting some formal info. Id like to see something along the lines of your idea :agree: i think it would be great. Personally, it wouldnt help me out but i think a lot of people would find it very useful/informative. Generally speaking, these tin cars have had a fair few keepers and theres normally a 5GTOC/RTOC sticker on the car somewhere :)

markey b
14-01-2010, 19:24
The DVLA thing was not an answer to your suggestion bud - just a way of getting some formal info. Id like to see something along the lines of your idea :agree: i think it would be great. Personally, it wouldnt help me out but i think a lot of people would find it very useful/informative. Generally speaking, these tin cars have had a fair few keepers and theres normally a 5GTOC/RTOC sticker on the car somewhere :)

indeed, just sometimes cool to see a pic of what your car used to look like, or even what an old car is doing now. i wasn't saying your suggestion was wrong btw, just thought people may have thought that was what i meant, if that makes sense?

tonesGTT
14-01-2010, 21:33
indeed, just sometimes cool to see a pic of what your car used to look like, or even what an old car is doing now. i wasn't saying your suggestion was wrong btw, just thought people may have thought that was what i meant, if that makes sense?

:agree: Ive been wondering where my last 5 ended up and a section like this could help find it.

Kenobi
15-01-2010, 07:59
Ive found loads of paperwork recently relating to my old 5's.

I also have lots of history for a car I think was broken to create my campus turbo.

Ive made a massive file for my current vehicles thr 21 and the clio.
Its like a school project folder lol, my wife thinks its SAD sad sad. I think its useful.

markey b
15-01-2010, 20:08
come on scoffski make us a section, members only that way we can post registration numbers :agree:

m5tt
10-02-2010, 22:35
I think its not a bad idea ,

I believe passion ford did a simular project not quite sure how deep it went ,

Think theres was more . to record actually how many FRST's where running they picked up quite a big data base . would be nice though as I know Im always intregued in any of my past cars history ...

each car has it's own thread ...? Say though if you no longer own the car ? would this affect you being able to post a thread on this specific car until owners consent ?