PDA

View Full Version : repair kit came today :D

garya
21-12-2009, 22:42
my carb repair kit came today with my cbg motorsport sticker that i got them to chuck in for free lol.took long enuff to come guess it must be christmas post of somthing. :D.so my dad said he will get it done tomorrow while i am at work.said it should take him 2hours i dont no if it will or not long as its fixed i will happy:yeah:.next thing it buy on my list is my sump sealant.then my smoking on idle then i can start to tune.:rob:

Kris M
21-12-2009, 23:05
Might be of some use

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4743

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4734

:ho:

garya
21-12-2009, 23:13
cheers kris i will take the laptop round to my dads tomorrow n let him have a look before i head off to work incase he gets stuck.i am not to sure if he will have carb cleaner tho.will he need that or can he use enything else??

Kris M
21-12-2009, 23:18
Petrol will work well for cleaning parts, if you havent got carb cleaner. The cleaner is good as its pressurised so you can right in there and blast any bits of crap out

Bass J
21-12-2009, 23:20
as said on ere ..my advice is ...any bits you take off ...make note of how they go back on..as i made the mistake of putting the float on the wrong way :laugh::laugh::laugh: resulting in flooding of the engine PMSL. But lesson learned now ...dont do a carb overhaul in your back garden in the freezing cold :laugh:.

garya
21-12-2009, 23:28
lol no my dad said he will do it in my old room at the desk told him to take pics of it but wether he will i dont no lol.

Matt Cole
22-12-2009, 09:28
lol no my dad said he will do it in my old room at the desk told him to take pics of it but wether he will i dont no lol.

in the house?:scared:

rs250nut
22-12-2009, 10:40
in the house?:scared:

All day long, everytime I have rebuilt a carb it has been done on the sink drainer. With the kitchen window open.:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-12-2009, 10:48
Why not buy the carb kit from the club.. cheaper and has more in it... :sad2:

Bass J
22-12-2009, 20:21
I did my carb in my room ...needless to say my mum told me to get the hell outside ...as the carb cleaner was absolutely stinking :laugh::laugh:

garya
22-12-2009, 21:41
well guys thats the carb all fixed now.my dad done it in the gazebo lol.took pics of the old gaskets etc so will post them some of them are proper fooked..so he said he will fit it tomorrow.took him a good few hours.:)