PDA

View Full Version : Operation tomorrow

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 12:56
Due to breaking my foot i'm requiring surgery tomorrow, when i did it i didn't think things would snowball to being admitted to a ward a week last Sunday up until last Thursday and being let out until my operation tomorrow to have a metal plate in my foot :ashamed:

I thought it would be a case of a plaster cast and out but it's obviously worse than that, all being well i should be discharged Christmas Eve if surgery goes well.

I've had no chance to do any Christmas shopping :ashamed:

I've been told to have 4 weeks off work after the Op, i'm slightly concerned about driving......... And bloody typical there's a trackday at Brands in Feb, my local track and one i haven't had the pleasure of driving... Yet :rolleyes:

JRP
21-12-2009, 13:31
Due to breaking my foot i'm requiring surgery tomorrow, when i did it i didn't think things would snowball to being admitted to a ward a week last Sunday up until last Thursday and being let out until my operation tomorrow to have a metal plate in my foot :ashamed:

I thought it would be a case of a plaster cast and out but it's obviously worse than that, all being well i should be discharged Christmas Eve if surgery goes well.

I've had no chance to do any Christmas shopping :ashamed:

I've been told to have 4 weeks off work after the Op, i'm slightly concerned about driving......... And bloody typical there's a trackday at Brands in Feb, my local track and one i haven't had the pleasure of driving... Yet :rolleyes:

Plate are all fun ricardo, just look at my knee. You wont even realise its happend... one min your awake.. next min you not.... then you wake up again in your ward... when i woke up i had 4 screws in my back ohh the joy.

You should have fun with the nurses as well, i know i did :)

Good luck

tiff_lee
21-12-2009, 13:31
Good luck mate, I broke my right clavicle 5 weeks ago and after an xray last week there was very little healing so I may get a metal plate of my own yet!

Kenobi
21-12-2009, 13:36
Full boost recovery dude!!!

:ho:

JRP
21-12-2009, 13:42
Ric, get them to check if your alergic to morphine, they often over look this... it basicly killed me ;) worth while asking :)

Spooky
21-12-2009, 13:42
I've been wondering why I ain't had any txts/calls off ya as of late :laugh:

Oh man, get well soon ya schlaaag :cooter:

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 14:54
Ric, get them to check if your alergic to morphine, they often over look this... it basicly killed me ;) worth while asking :)

Morphine's great ;) So's the gas and air :D

r5 rich
21-12-2009, 15:28
does that mean I can borrow the 172 as my runaround for the next 4 weeks;)

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 16:16
does that mean I can borrow the 172 as my runaround for the next 4 weeks;)

I could rent it out ;)

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2009, 16:22
Good luck ric ole friend, jesus will bless thee...;), im sure all will go well...:)

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 16:56
Good luck ric ole friend, jesus will bless thee...;), im sure all will go well...:)

Thanks oh holy 1, say a pray for me about mid morning please :)

r5 rich
21-12-2009, 17:34
I could rent it out ;)

done! I will come pick it up now and give you the 5 shell in exchange;)

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 18:29
done! I will come pick it up now and give you the 5 shell in exchange;)

Hehe don't tell me you've already started. Only problem i have is i don't get paid being off so i'm hoping it doesn't come to me having to sell the car

D4WNO
21-12-2009, 18:32
Good luck tomorrow, hun x

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 18:39
Good luck tomorrow, hun x

Spooky
21-12-2009, 18:53
Yea, Ric, good luck mate, you'll be fine :agree:

If you need a night-nurse...:cooter: :wasntme:

JRP
21-12-2009, 19:02
Hehe don't tell me you've already started. Only problem i have is i don't get paid being off so i'm hoping it doesn't come to me having to sell the car

Get down the dss (think its dss) get statutry sick pay... works out a nice little bit ive been told.. but i never bothered.

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 19:18
Yea, Ric, good luck mate, you'll be fine :agree:

If you need a night-nurse...:cooter: :wasntme:

Bed bath........ :cooter: :wasntme:

Spooky
21-12-2009, 19:35
Get down the dss (think its dss) get statutry sick pay... works out a nice little bit ive been told.. but i never bothered.

Ric, are you self-employed or work for someone ?

My missus can/could advise you, as this is her job. Hang on, I'm gunna text you...:D

Spooky
21-12-2009, 19:44

My missus can/could advise you, as this is her job. Hang on, I'm gunna text you...:D

:smokin:

JRP
21-12-2009, 19:45

you can text me how to actualy claim it as well. as im officialy not being payed anymore. :) love you sukh :)

Junglist
21-12-2009, 19:56
at least your not getting a camera in your ass :ashamed: tomorrow,,

but good look with the op geeza

Spooky
21-12-2009, 20:00
you can text me how to actualy claim it as well. as im officialy not being payed anymore. :) love you sukh :)

Done :agree:

Ricardo
21-12-2009, 20:02
at least your not getting a camera in your ass :ashamed: tomorrow,,

but good look with the op geeza

OUCH!!! :sos: KY....FTW :D :ashamed:

Cheers, good luck too

JRP
21-12-2009, 20:05
Done :agree:

Much love los sukoss:ho:

r5 rich
21-12-2009, 20:52

not yet mate but as soon as I have my runaround I will do:D

AlexS
22-12-2009, 15:43
Ricky! Damn mate, what you been up to? Hope all went well and hope to see you up and about next year.

Ricardo
22-12-2009, 17:33
Free internet on the ward, result!
All went well today, as well as can be expected, 2hrs surgery then morphine in recovery room. Fingers crossed they're sending me home tomorrow,then it's 6 weeks not putting weight on the foot and 3 months in total for a total recovery.

I'm sooo bored, i keep thinking about projects

jesus in the seat of a 5
22-12-2009, 17:37
well done ric...... glad to hear, i here rich has a project with your name on it....:laugh:

Mart
22-12-2009, 17:41
Bloody hell Ricky, sorry to hear about your wonky foot. Good to hear the op' went well mate :agree:

Plenty of Jeremy Kyle, Trisha, and other daytime TV cr8p to look forward to :crap: :D At least you'll be back in action come the better weather :agree: :)

The new Bill J
22-12-2009, 17:41
Glad to hear it went well Rickay :cool:

3 months - feck that :scared:

r5 rich
22-12-2009, 17:42
glad it all went well mate. The 5 shell needs a good home:laugh:

JRP
22-12-2009, 17:42

3 Months will pass in no time dude :) glad your ok :)

Ricardo
22-12-2009, 18:47
Bloody hell Ricky, sorry to hear about your wonky foot. Good to hear the op' went well mate :agree:

Plenty of Jeremy Kyle, Trisha, and other daytime TV cr8p to look forward to :crap: :D At least you'll be back in action come the better weather :agree: :)

If i hear another ad for Cash4Gold blah blah......... Jeeeeez

Anyway, if i don't have to keep it elevated i can get about. The missus Mx-5 is about as handy as a chocolate t pot! But we're getting by. I might apply for Deal or no deal, that'll pay for a ruby and a beer!

Talking to Shoppers a couple of weeks back and 2010 is the year for tracks, can't believe Brands is in Feb. The Ring in April/May is something i'd like to do

Ricardo
22-12-2009, 18:49
3 Months will pass in no time dude :) glad your ok :)

Thanks JRP, all the best to you too

Ricardo
22-12-2009, 18:50

Cheers Billlllllllllly, apparently part of getting better is having a ruby hehe

r5 rich
22-12-2009, 18:55
If i hear another ad for Cash4Gold blah blah......... Jeeeeez

Anyway, if i don't have to keep it elevated i can get about. The missus Mx-5 is about as handy as a chocolate t pot! But we're getting by. I might apply for Deal or no deal, that'll pay for a ruby and a beer!

Talking to Shoppers a couple of weeks back and 2010 is the year for tracks, can't believe Brands is in Feb. The Ring in April/May is something i'd like to do

Well if you ever want to be a passenger in your own car I am sure I can drive you round and show you exactly what your car can do:cooter:

Ricardo
22-12-2009, 20:41
Well if you ever want to be a passenger in your own car I am sure I can drive you round and show you exactly what your car can do:cooter:

That's fine Rich,and if you stack it i'll run over YOUR foot!!! :D

r5 rich
22-12-2009, 21:46
That's fine Rich,and if you stack it i'll run over YOUR foot!!! :D

Already been run over by a clio twice with the front and back wheels over my foot after getting hit off my ped at 16:laugh:

Ricardo
22-12-2009, 21:49
Already been run over by a clio twice with the front and back wheels over my foot after getting hit off my ped at 16:laugh:
:laugh:

What you like :ho:
Just gimme your Clio

r5 rich
22-12-2009, 21:53
:laugh:

What you like :ho:
Just gimme your Clio

I will do you swaps if you want, clio for clio:cooter:

Ricardo
22-12-2009, 21:55
I will do you swaps if you want, clio for clio:cooter: