PDA

View Full Version : starter motor nut

J$£5GTT
18-12-2009, 19:31
not the first time i done a starter and wont be the last....:D but for why i cant seem to do the nut up tight and pinch the spaded cables up,nut goes tight and it seems im doing it up,then you can still wiggle the cables about on the thread?

have i forgot or done something wrong?

:confused:

James5
18-12-2009, 20:01
not the first time i done a starter and wont be the last....:D but for why i cant seem to do the nut up tight and pinch the spaded cables up,nut goes tight and it seems im doing it up,then you can still wiggle the cables about on the thread?

have i forgot or done something wrong?

:confused:

Cross threaded

Brigsy
18-12-2009, 20:01
The bolt/nut are probably threaded mate, hopefully the nut is shot or the starter solenoid is pretty much scrap

J$£5GTT
18-12-2009, 22:19
The bolt/nut are probably threaded mate, hopefully the nut is shot or the starter solenoid is pretty much scrap

cheers,yes hopefully,think i will remove it an take a closer look,nut went on fine for most of way then tight as you like.

:agree:

Shane P
18-12-2009, 22:32
I have another starter motor you can have J, if it comes to it. :)

J$£5GTT
18-12-2009, 22:40
I have another starter motor you can have J, if it comes to it. :)

:agree::ho:

J$£5GTT
19-12-2009, 17:33
took starter off today and it appears the thread had started to cross when the nut was almost on an ready to clamp the cables,dont know what could have caused that,but i cut a new thread an now its fine,cool wrapped starter and oe heatshield in place,lets see how long this one lasts!!!

cheers for help.

J
:ho: