PDA

View Full Version : speedo cable

mad manz
01-10-2008, 23:11
hi guy i brought a new speedo cable attached with the speedo sensor as one peice can anyone tell what the best way to fit it ? and i think i been given a different type is there two types? thanks guys

OUTLAW
05-10-2008, 18:27
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

common fault on the 5, my gauge has got a mind of its own:confused:, cant be bothered to sort it...your better of buying a GPS system i.e road angel or even sat nav, they all display your speed.....maybe even hard-wire it in to replace the current speedo, or mount it wherever you like....i`m thinking of losing the speedo guage altogether, and replace it for somthing else. However, i would not touch any of the other guages i.e temp, oil press, and rev counter etc...good luck

Big Steve - Raider
06-10-2008, 05:58
When you say you've got the one piece cable do you mean you've got the Phase 1 version that doesn't have the connector on the passenger suspension turret??

Either way the best way of changing it is intercooler, airbox & pipework all on the right hand side of the engine out then grope around from above & below the car to get the sender out.

Pulling the complete sensor through the bulkhead is a bit of an arseache as it's moulded together with the turbo boost gauge feed Iirc?

As Outlaw said, before you go pulling everything out though just give that connector a clean up on the passenger side suspension turret & that may cure your problems! ;)

mad manz
06-10-2008, 10:43
on my phase 2 its got a connector on the near side of the car but the one renault gave me is just one piece and i rang them up and they said that the only part listed any help guys?

Bigfoot
06-10-2008, 11:38
It used to be as 2 parts, now the part has been superceded over to a single one