PDA

View Full Version : Carb repair kit

garya
17-12-2009, 00:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

awryt guys.i have been having a real strong smell of fuel in the car all the time..so i had a look the other day and notice that the carb was leaking fuel from the flange (not to sure if that the correct name for it) enyway it was leaking on to the manifold so i am going to order a overhaul kit and see if this sorts that problem only thing is i am new to all of this so was wondering is it hard to do. and also would that carb repair kit come with the new flange part.

JRP
17-12-2009, 00:04
Post a pic of the offending part of the carb.

Its really easy mate, just take it apart and clean it bit by bit, and replace gaskets as you go.

Or take photos at every step to remind you how bits go back together.

If you get stuck most local members should be ok on carbs and could lend a hand :)

garya
17-12-2009, 00:09

cheers mate i will try and get pics up at the wend as i am working through the week and its dark most of the time when i get home.but i will get pics up and keep you updated.:)

JRP
17-12-2009, 00:11
Just take your time when doing the gaskets. and when you split the carb in half be very gentle as not to brake the float, as they can be very fragile... somtimes its a task to get the carb in half to change the big gasket etc so caution.

Shane P
17-12-2009, 00:15
Is it leaking from where the bottom of the carb joins to the inlet manifold?

rs250nut
17-12-2009, 00:17

cheers mate i will try and get pics up at the wend as i am working through the week and its dark most of the time when i get home.but i will get pics up and keep you updated.:)

This time of year is poo like that with the light fading so quick, get out there with a torch and whip the carb off, then take it indoors and use the draining board of the sink as your new work bench.:)