PDA

View Full Version : Leaky 5

jack joy
14-12-2009, 10:31
Looked under the carpet in the drivers footwell of the daily 5gts only to find water.I've sat in there trying to find the leak in the rain,and eliminated the possibility of water getting in around the door seal.I thought maybe the windscreen?Just wondered if there is a common place where rain gets in ?
Cheers ;)

GTphil
14-12-2009, 10:43
Mine is pissing in too, the sunroof leaks slightly, the door seals do too but the majority seems to be comeing from behind the dash:(

This would indicate that it's the windscreen or the sunroof is leaking more than it seems.

The scuttle area/bulkhead is also a prime suspect;)

Strip your interior and try to follow where the water is comeing from. I have got as far as behind the dash somewhere so I think it's going to have to come out. I wouldn't be arsed if the car was in a garage or if I used it everyday as this would dry it but as mine just sits there on the drive so it needs sorting really. :)

jack joy
14-12-2009, 11:53
Sounds like the're both leaking from the same place, I was also thinking it could be running in from the screen/bulhead area, as the foam undelay is soaked not the carpet,must be running/trickling in from up there somwhere:confused: I'll have to find some time to dismantle and investergate:dearme:
Thanks for the info :agree:

mr bean aka pete
14-12-2009, 21:53
theres loads of places it can leak in from right: check throttle cable gromet in scuttle is sealed, choke cable gromet is sealed as trickles from scuttle down the cable into the car, leaking from drivers door i had to make up a door membrain to stop the water dripping into the car :)

Matt Cole
14-12-2009, 22:17
heater matrix

jack joy
14-12-2009, 22:54
Thanks for the info! I'll check the gromits and door membrain ,it's on its 3rd windcreen so could of not of been sealed properly or something:crap: I think strip it out and get the jet wash on it!
Cheers ;)