PDA

View Full Version : Can you use a shell for scrappage?

Rob1980
14-12-2009, 09:45
Hello all.

I just thought that I would ask if anyone knew if I could trade in my 5 for a new car to get the scrappage deal but strip and sell all of my part before hand so that I just basically turn up with a shell on a lorry? It will be MOT'ed and I have had it for the time scale required....

I was going to use the Williams but it cost me £600 to get through the MOT and its worth much more than the scrappage anyway so would not be a very economic move.

Oh and if I can do this then all of you on here will have first refusal on my parts which are basically all brand new.

tonesGTT
14-12-2009, 10:02
As far as i understood it, as long as the car has an MOT, valid road fund licence, you've owned it at least a year and its 10 years old (theres a date it has to have been registered on or before) you can use it.

When i worked for a dealer, cars were coming in on trailors.

Bigfoot
14-12-2009, 10:08
What I heard was as long as its driveable it can be taking in

phase i 16 v turbo
14-12-2009, 10:45
Doesn't need to be driveable, my local Renault Dealer took a clio with in engine in the boot.

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-12-2009, 11:40
is this the 5 you spend loads on.... :(

Kenobi
14-12-2009, 11:55
Im gunna try use a sea shell.

Rob1980
14-12-2009, 13:23
is this the 5 you spend loads on.... :(

Yeah it is mate. Its been stood still for so long now as I never use it. I think that its worth too much to just be scrapped so if I can strip it first then all of you member will hopefully benefit.

I'm looking at getting a Volvo C30 D5. I have a mate who works for them and with scrappage etc he can get me the spec I want which would normally cost 22k for only 15½k so as long as I can MOT the 5 and just basically use the shell as scrap.

Matt Cole
14-12-2009, 13:51
is this a gt shell and if so whats up with it?

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-12-2009, 13:59
Let me know what parts you have and i will pop down ;-)

Rob1980
14-12-2009, 16:37
is this a gt shell and if so whats up with it?

Nothing wrong with it. I have to give them something for the scrappage deal though!

Rob1980
14-12-2009, 16:38
Let me know what parts you have and i will pop down ;-)

Ok mate. I will have to get it back on the road briefly though for an MOT butI will only do that if I can just take in the shell and little else...

dave j gtt
14-12-2009, 17:10
:drunk::santa: santa is here.

no no shell , i would think it would have to be a full car. what a topic tis is :scared:

Matt Cole
14-12-2009, 22:09
Dont mean to be funny mate, but this is a club for enthusiasts of Renault Turbos especially the 5gt which is becoming very scarce. Thats twice you have now been on the boards and mentioned about scrapping/trading in your cars which the club is enthusiastic about!?:sad2: No cars=no club eventually. I might be being a bit sensitive here, but i dont think its appropriate and maybe you should sell up to someone who can save them from the crusher, especially the gt shell as they are becoming a pain to get hold of!.

Rob1980
15-12-2009, 08:21
Dont mean to be funny mate, but this is a club for enthusiasts of Renault Turbos especially the 5gt which is becoming very scarce. Thats twice you have now been on the boards and mentioned about scrapping/trading in your cars which the club is enthusiastic about!?:sad2: No cars=no club eventually. I might be being a bit sensitive here, but i dont think its appropriate and maybe you should sell up to someone who can save them from the crusher, especially the gt shell as they are becoming a pain to get hold of!.

I respect what this club is about which is why I have offered people the chance to buy the cars off me but at the end of the day no-one is interested. They just want to moan about what I am doing. My 5 was a total wreak years ago when I bought it and it would have been scrapped but I saved it and spend a lot of time and money rebuilding it. I know this sounds arrogant but its mine so I can do with it as I wish.

I'm not sure why you are having a bit of a pop at me. Its because of things like this that I dont really come on here much anymore. I was just trying to offer member on here basically brand new parts at a really cheap price if I can strip it first to scrap. Sacrificing one car to help several in my opinion is not really a bad thing to do.

JRP
15-12-2009, 10:50
I respect what this club is about which is why I have offered people the chance to buy the cars off me but at the end of the day no-one is interested. They just want to moan about what I am doing. My 5 was a total wreak years ago when I bought it and it would have been scrapped but I saved it and spend a lot of time and money rebuilding it. I know this sounds arrogant but its mine so I can do with it as I wish.

I'm not sure why you are having a bit of a pop at me. Its because of things like this that I dont really come on here much anymore. I was just trying to offer member on here basically brand new parts at a really cheap price if I can strip it first to scrap. Sacrificing one car to help several in my opinion is not really a bad thing to do.

Get the good parts off it and ditch the shell, if its rotten etc no bugger will want it, they may say they do... then they would end up scrapping it.

Matt c ringworm... look at post 7, he even says hopefully other members will beifit....