PDA

View Full Version : Firewall water connection failed...

Cabbage
14-12-2009, 01:23
I was driving along when my temps started to rocket. Turns out the hose that goes into the firewall to take water to the heater matrix had sheared off! I've done a temporary work around of bypassing the heater matrix but this is a real pain when it comes to demisting windows in winter! Any ideas whether the plate that sits in the firewall with 2 hose connections on it can be replaced easily?

car.crash
14-12-2009, 08:56
Enjoy taking the dashboard out. I personally would rather pull out my engine than have to remove a dash but you have no choice in this case. The snapped pipe is the one that comes directly off the matrix.

raj
14-12-2009, 14:56
yes the pipe you speak of is from the heater matrix, dashboard out job im afraid, yes be afraid, its a horrible job. i need my matrix replacing and this is something i am just not willing to do myself.
i too would rather take an engine out than the dashboard as its an easier job.

JRP
14-12-2009, 15:02
I think if you remove the front seats, accsess to remove the dash is easier... as you are not cramped:cool: only 4 bolts a seat

Big Steve - Raider
14-12-2009, 15:14
yes the pipe you speak of is from the heater matrix, dashboard out job im afraid, yes be afraid, its a horrible job. i need my matrix replacing and this is something i am just not willing to do myself.

Its like all jobs... easy enough if you just take your time and are methodical! ;)

J$£5GTT
14-12-2009, 17:42
i do know you can get to the matrix very easy to get it out without removing the dash,or get some micro bore pipe an do some plastic welding with the soldering iron,push them in from the engine bay side an leave some tails for the hoses...

;)

hydrotec78
14-12-2009, 18:08

Myself and marky mark can undertake your matrix job for you !

TrixNFlix
14-12-2009, 18:10
i do know you can get to the matrix very easy to get it out without removing the dash,or get some micro bore pipe an do some plastic welding with the soldering iron,push them in from the engine bay side an leave some tails for the hoses...

;)

please tell jay, I need to change mine and want the easiest solution . :coffee:

Cabbage
15-12-2009, 16:44
Well that sucks. So how does the heater matrix connect to that little plate thing? Is it just basically mirrored on the dashboard side?

J$£5GTT
15-12-2009, 16:56
please tell jay, I need to change mine and want the easiest solution . :coffee:

that was just an idea for a temporary repair if a new matrix was out of question for the meantime,or as has been advised many times join pipes together in the bay,but a new matrix can be replaced without dash removal.

:agree::)

Cabbage
15-12-2009, 17:00
Well I've connected pipes together in engine bay but windows steaming up in winter is blowing monkey pole!!