PDA

View Full Version : door's locked shut

Shakes
11-12-2009, 01:14
Help!!!!!!
at some point someone thought it would be a good idea to de-lock and de-handle the doors and tailgate, and fit some sort of solinoid to pop the door open from the keyfob, however the solinoid in the drivers door melted.
and the main problem i have is the passenger is now locked shut and will not open not even by the handle inside the car, it seems the central locking is packed up, when i press the button i can hear it click as if the door is unlocked but it wont open, ive taken the door card off and pulled the lock up, but still no joy, i really need to get this open any ideas please??

Shane P
11-12-2009, 06:31
Thats unusual, sounds like a rod has come off somewhere? You may have to move the part of the catch mechanism inside the door that the opening handle rod is normally attached to ?

BriC
11-12-2009, 08:18
Ignore this post :)

Shakes
11-12-2009, 12:30
Ignore this post :)
Bric what do you mean ignore the post i can't lock my car, so its stuck in the girlfriends garage with the drivers window open. i cant drive it anywhere because when i shut the doors im locked out.
thanx for a reply shane but i tryed pulling the lock up from inside it does nothing.

D4WNO
11-12-2009, 12:55
He didn't mean ignore YOUR post, he means ignore HIS post

Shakes
11-12-2009, 13:03
oh :D
does anyone know a way to get this bluudy door open its driving me crazzy:ashamed:

HULK
11-12-2009, 13:09
Help!!!!!!
at some point someone thought it would be a good idea to de-lock and de-handle the doors and tailgate,

Jesus, who did that??? :laugh:

Bigfoot
11-12-2009, 13:09
If the solonoid is not popping it open then there is a problem there. get a power supply to the solonoid to pop them open, unless thats faulty. Then your stuck as it will be permanetly magnetised holding it shut. So maybe a crow bar to prize it apart but causing damage to body work.

Sparkie
11-12-2009, 13:17
if you can get the rear quarter plastic off in one piece then you could angle grind and drill the caged nut and some of the thread away of the door striker - from the back of the B pillar, then open the door, remove the lock mechanism and throw it away.

Shakes
11-12-2009, 13:17
thanx bigfoot, but im thinking it is the locking and not the solinoid as usally when the doors locked i can open it using the handle inside the car, but it just seems to be dead locked shut.

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-12-2009, 15:01
Jesus, who did that??? :laugh:

:laugh:..cheeky fecker....luke , its not that bleedin central locking again is it, it could be the solenoids stuck, to be honest , it seems odd that both are stuck?...:scratch:, give ole maatey boy the sparkie a quick bell and see what he suggests , he may pop over...:), i never had this problem yoo be honest, it could be all the messing around and changes of hands the car has had recently...:rolleyes:, good luck buddy.

Shakes
11-12-2009, 15:49
didnt realise you de-locked it matt, i thought it was like that when you baught it, i cant get hold of the sparkie been trying for a few days. shame i rebuilt the carb and fitted a couple of new boost hoses then took it for a drive for the afternoon it ran perfectly but i cant leave it anywhere:eek:
dont think this car wants to leave the warm garage:wasntme:

HULK
11-12-2009, 16:03
[QUOTE=jesus in the seat of a 5;118458]:laugh:..cheeky fecker

Only messing buddy!! :D :wasntme::cooter:

mlb123
11-12-2009, 19:33
sounds like the solenoids working but the central locking is jammed down possibly? if the lock is down the solenoid may not release the catch, i had a central locking relay stick once on an aftermarket system and it melted both central locking solenoid shut!!!! if it is the central locking u may be able to get pliers on the metal part of the pull pin and pull it up, otherwise you gota get thos door cards off and go from there!!!!

jesus in the seat of a 5
13-12-2009, 15:37
[quote=jesus in the seat of a 5;118458]:laugh:..cheeky fecker

Only messing buddy!! :D :wasntme::cooter:

:D, hence the laugh icon buddy, luke i agree with mike above mate, get them cards off and give the ole elctrics a darn good probing...so to speak...:agree: